|4|

Aura's POV

Two weeks have passed by and Chryston and I haven't spoken to each other. I groan on the couch and rub my face with annoyance to the whole situation. Nothing happens from nothing. Meaning we wouldn't have kissed or touched each other if there wasn't something there.

My phone rings against the table, making me groan once more. I pick it up to see who it is.

Sally.

My boss.

"Yes, boss?" I answer the phone while I pinch the bridge of my nose. Why now out of all times does she need to call?

"Have you finished reading the manuscript?" She asks.

"In Need Of a Muse?" I question back.

"Yes, that one, Aura." Sally breaths out.

"Yeah, I have. It was a great read. I wish the author would write more. I found it perfect. I edited only the grammatical errors. Otherwise, the ideas and concepts of the book are perfect. It is publishable and I think it would make more than the other books we have published before." I start to shuffle around the house. Getting my stuff ready for my appointment.

"You have been working for me for over a year now, I trust you. I will get in contact with her. Thank you, Aura."

"No problem, Sally. Can this the last piece I will be editing for this month? If it is alright with you." I frown my eyebrows, even though she can't see me.

"Is something the matter?" I hear the concern in her voice.

"I know I am your only editor who reads and edits your kinky, smuttish, eroticas and dark romance manuscripts. But, I have my exams, it is the end of term." I grab my apartment keys and purse while I slip on my shoes at the same time.

"Do you need some time off?" 

This is what I loved about Sally. Even though she can be a pain in the butt sometimes, she is still considerate.

"If that is okay with you? I am not going anywhere during the summer, so I will have more time to read more manuscripts." I leave the apartment and lock the door.

"You can have some time off, but if you can pop in, I would be grateful. Are you free to come by today?"

Am I free? I am not sure. I was planning to head over to Chryston's apartment to talk to him. But my boss is also willing to give me time off for my college exams.

I let out an internal sigh.

"Sure, I will be there in a while, I have a doctor's appointment to get to." I didn't want to tell her that I am doing therapy. So I leave it at just that. I decide to head back inside my apartment and take my work ID with me, just so I don't hear some bullshit from Sally.

"Alright then. Be safe." And she hangs up.

I leave the apartment again and lock the door.

I let the internal sigh leave me this time and I look at the mirror inside the elevator. I let my hair into a messy bun, while wearing that same hoodie from three weeks ago. I needed his presence with me today.

I walk down the streets of New York till I find a cab.

"Where to?" The cab driver asks, looking through the rear view mirror as I take a seat.

"Gems Clinic, please." I keep my phone in hand and rest my head on the headrest.

The drive was silent on my end, the guy was on the phone the entire time, which was a blessing, I hated talking to cab drivers.