|6|

Aura's POV

*One Month Later*

I passed my exams regardless of my sadness, I don't want to say mourning, Chryston wouldn't like that. I am now back at my office at the Crystal Publishing building. I so numb that I am not sure if I look okay. I wore my hair in a ponytail today with a black skirt that was just below my knees matching it with a white shirt. With all this formal attire I had a pendent that was hanging around my neck. It was a silver dragon with a dark red ruby for an eye.

When I was clearing up Chryston's apartment, I found the dragon pendent and remembered how he used to wear it during times we went out for coffee together. I wanted to keep a part of him with me.

"Well you look dazzling." I hear Sally's voice next to my office door.

"Thanks." I smile at her and lean back in my chair.

"It's good to have you back, Aura. I know it all hasn't been easy for you." She smiles softly.

"You're right. I can't let just one event in my life stop me from doing things. But I am managing with the healing process. You know Sally, I don't know if I have said this before to you, I'd rather have someone I care about die than have a conflict and they leave."

"You'll get out of this darkness one day." Sally chuckles and places a new manuscript in front of me.

"Like you promised. I would give you time off for your exams and you would read more work. I read the blurb for this one "It Started with A Job Interview", it seems interesting." She gives me a wink and leaves my office.

I did promise I would read more work. Why do I say and do things that bite me in the ass only a while later? A sigh leaves my lips and I begin to read the first page in the book.

Two hours later I am half way through the novel and I have tears streaming down my cheeks. This author brought emotions and feeling that penetrated my heart. I wipe my tears and nose and stand up to stretch. I notice the clock on the wall and only one minute left till the day is over. Perfect. I pack the manuscript in my bag along with my reading glasses and quickly dash through the building to leave, before Sally sees me and decides to talk nonstop for the evening.

Contemplating whether I should get an iced coffee or not from Starbucks, then I remember that I deserved it for the day. I head over to the famous worldwide café and wait for my turn, practically repeating the order to myself the entire time while I stand in line so I don't forget what I actually am here for. Two more people ahead of me and I decide to give myself another stretch for my aching body...not noticing someone walking right next to me. My hand hits something hot and I feel it sort of tip over. I feel terrified to even turn around to look at what I have just done.

"Fuck. I am so sorry." I say after I hear the splash on the floor. I just spilt someone's coffee on them. I turn around to look at the person. His white shirt now stained with dark brown, almost black, coffee. I get out of the line and quickly get him tissues. I don't have time to even look at who the man is.

"I'm so sorry, I should have looked around me." I hand him the tissues and he dabs them against his shirt. I feel his eyes on me but when I look up, I don't meet his eyes. Instead, I meet with the black shades he is wearing.

"It's alright, accidents happen. Are you okay though? Did any of the coffee come on you?" He places the paper cup on the counter nearby and bends down to wipe his shoes.

"No, no. I am fine. I will buy you a new one." I am a bit flustered, I just got a total stranger wet from his coffee. I don't give him time to protest and I am at the cash register to make the order.