1. Two persons, same scenario

Revised👌

Night fell, the sky was painted in navy blue. Foggy clouds blanketed the sky, adding a mysterious vibe. The moon shone and the clouds glowed, painting a bit of colour to the tableu.

There stood a black castle, so elegant and mesmerising, a few bats flew around the castle and shifted into human. Yes, this is the 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬' 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞, and it seemed like something important was going on.

"Thank you everyone for coming, now, we shall feast." A voice echoed through the castle, causing sounds of forks and knives clattering together. The vampire king sat down at his seat and feasted with the rest of the species' leaders.

This is a meeting of all the supernatural species' rulers, and some brought their children, they were all talking about their own kingdom and uniting together to go against enemies.

Everyone chatted and ate except for one person, the vampire king's middle son, Hwang Hyunjin. He sat there and did nothing, his facial expressions showed that he clearly was irritated and annoyed, he groaned and pushed away the dish.

"Hyunjin! Where are your manners!" The vampire king's voice echoed through the dining hall, eyeing the certain 'Hyunjin'. Hyunjin rolled his eyes, "Whatever, whatever." He continued to zone out, turning a blind eye to the weird glances he recieved.

Hyunjin ignored and never took part in any of the conversation the grown-ups had, war, heirs and shit like that blah blah blah... Until he heard a word,

'Immortals'

Hyunjin's ears immediately perked up as he listened to their discussion. You see, the prince was very interested in immortals, the most dangerous specie type. Immortals were obviously, immortal. However, decades ago, they had learnt dark magic from a wicked wizard, so now, they could make a whole army disappear in a second. They were always hidden, and never attended any council meetings, they were mysterious, that was why Hyunjin was so curious of them. But when he asked or even bring up that topic, his dad would scold him, so it was rare that he ever heard such talk...

"Does anyone here know how can we defeat the immortals?" The werewolf lord asked, but all the leaders shook their heads, just as Hyunjin was going to say something, the topic had already changed, this made Hyunjin really displeased. So, he made up a random excuse and left the dining hall.

He decided to go outside where the air was fresh and cold, he went to the castle's backyard and sat on the old, rusty yet exquisite bench. Hyunjin stared off to the distance, counting how many stars were left uncovered by the dreadful clouds. Just then, a shooting star sliced through the dark skyline, Hyunjin's eyes widened, but he quickly calmed down and made a wish before the shooting star faded away.

"I wish I can meet an immortal."

He immediately cringed at himself, why would he think wishing on a shooting star would work? He snorted and continued gazing at the overcasted sky.

But, little did Hyunjin knew, his wish was about to come true.

On the other hand, in a base where the 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 live, a young man was at the terrace, gazing at the same blanketed sky. All of a sudden, a shooting star sliced through the dark skyline. The man locked his fingers together and murmured,

"I wish that I am free and can see the outside world freely."

The man then wondered the scene of him discovering the world, befriending other species...

"Kim Seungmin! Time for dessert!" A voice interruptted Seungmin's thoughts, making him sigh and go indoors.

Seungmin sat on the chair beside the long silver table, he took a fork and knife then started to eat the dessert. He also looked outside the window from time to time. His father, the king of immortals, noticed his son's odd actions, he has been like this lately.

"Seungmin, is something wrong?"

Seungmin bit his tongue, debating on whether to tell or not, "You can tell me anything, son."

His father reassured,  he opened his arms, a warm smile crept onto Seungmin's face as he burrowed into his father's embrace.

The two broke the hug and Seungmin sat down back at his chair, "Why can't we  go outside? It's so beautiful outside..."

The king's facial expressions became stiff, his tone more serious, "We do not go outside, those other species are dangerous, they'll attack us for no reason, even though we can't die, we'll been in living hell if we're too injured, our bodies can't heal if so."

Seungmin frowned, "So I'm trapped inside forever?"

"Sadly, yes."

Seungmin ruffled his raven black hair, feeling dejected, "What can we do to change that?"

"I'm sorry, but we can do nothing, my son." His father glanced at Seungmin, "Besides, I don't want what happened to your mother happen to you." He raised his head, trying to hold the tears. Seungmin's heart twisted, but he was not sure why his father was crying, what happened to his mother? Did she die? No, immortals couldn't die. Did she got captured? A slight chance, but-

Seungmin kept thinking, until a loud sound of glass breaking snapped him out of the trance. Both men turned towards the noise. A woman had crashed a plate and cup, the glass shattered into pieces, and some shards stuck themselves onto her skin. Her maid dress was stained red with blood, and her blonde hair flowed like a wind. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, It was an accident!" The maid panicked, but the king just simply smiled, "It's okay, let me help you."

A grin found its way to Seungmin's face, how he wished the other people wouldn't judge them immortals, after all, they have done nothing wrong. Then again, it was probably due to their nature. They're the strongest and most powerful in all species, but that didn't give them the right to hurt them.

He went back to the terrace, resting his hand on the granite fence. The once blanketed sky became cloudless, and a clear night greeted the kingdom. Seungmin opened his black wings and a strange thought crossed his mind.

What if I sneak out?

Seungmin walked back inside his room, taking a pair of brown contact lenses. He had that for a long time, he just didn't have the courage to do that. He wanted to disguise himself as a blackwing, a weak specie who can only fly with their black wings.

After he prepared himself, his stood on the fence and fell, spreading his wings the second before he touched the rock hard ground. He glided and saw the beautiful view going past him, for the first time in life, Seungmin saw the outside world.