7. Responding... And facing a sudden attack

Revised👌 (i kinda forgot to do this the last chap but idc

After a few days, Seungmin's letter finally came.

A message crow arrived at Hyunjin's window, which he felt elated about. He opened the letter and read it silently.

"His mother is in a coma?" Hyunjin frowned, he wasn't sure why, but it bothered him immensely that something like that had happened. Hyunjin's mother had died when he was five, but he thought Seungmin's case was worse. Worrying and agonizing every day about your mother's health conditions should be depressing. He continued to read, "Would I run away seeing an immortal...?" Hyunjin stopped to think, would he not? Yes, he was very interested in immortals, but what if they hurt him? What if they were like what the tales said? Hyunjin didn't know and didn't want to know, he would just fall into a void of pondering at this point.

"I should write back to him," Hyunjin muttered to himself, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen.

*********************************

Dear Seungmin, 

Yeah, we're fine. I apologized to him and he accepted it. Thanks for telling me to go back home.

I like to dance and draw, but just like you, my father's against it, sadly. Of course, I know he loves me, I was just going absurd then.

What are my favorite flowers? A quite random question if you ask me, but it's roses, the red ones. Even though I hate being pricked by the pointy leaves, I still love it. Reason? I don't know. I just like them. Sorry to hear that your mother's in a coma, I know that feeling. My mother died when I was like around four or five...? Learning about her death was a painful experience, it's like losing half of your heart.

And the last question? I'm not sure, I know I am curious about them, but it feels wrong to go near them. You might be thinking, haven't I met one before? But that might be an exception. If I remember clearly, his voice was quite similar to yours. Eh, might be a coincidence.

He was a nice person, but before I even got to ask his name, a rogue attacked us and we both became unconscious. Such a shame.

I'll be looking forward to your flowers.

Peace,           

Hyunjin

*********************************

Hyunjin scanned the letter top to bottom, hoping that there won't be any mistakes, but his hand was shaking so much that he messed up every time. He sighed tiredly and placed the letter on his bedside table, deciding that he'd probably never be able to tell what kind of reaction it would receive.

He looked up at the crow, which was sitting proudly on a chair on his right side. "It would be great if you could talk." Hyunjin shook his head and stared at the ceiling, trying to distract himself and forget about everything. 

However, the sounds of knocking could be heard after a while. The uninterested prince got up and walked toward the door lazily. "Son, come out, and let's have dessert!" He could hear his father's voice, but he raised a brow skeptically, his father has never been so enthusiastic before. Eh, maybe this was his lucky day.

Slowly, his hand touched the cold doorknob, a creaking sound was made when he turned the doorknob. The prince pushed open the door, and a beam of light immediately shot onto him. He lost his balance and fell, the hurt boy winced, sitting up to see who attacked him.