Chapter 14

Ok I know I haven't updated a chapter in a while but I'm here again!

Sorry for making you'll wait for this long. But it won't happen again, I promise.

I'll be updating on alternate days from now on, so I'll have time to think in detail and write.

I hope this chapter makes up for my absence.

Nush was about to check her personal phone, the phone who's number was known to only those who aren't in talking terms with her then.

She knew just like every single day in the past two decades, even that day there would be no message or call received on that phone.

She knew she'd be dejected again but then that has become a part of her life and it was nothing new so she took the chance anyways.

As soon as the phone was unlocked, she saw something that she waited eagerly for so long. She rubbed her eyes and checked it again to make sure she read it correctly.

WhatsApp: A voice message from Vi

With her heart thumping with happiness she didn't waste a single second and opened the chat right away expecting him to say how he missed her or how he wanted her back in his life.

She listened to the entire message keenly, anxiously waiting for him to confess it but what he did was just assuring her that them getting back would be just for Vamu and no personal motives were involved.

Right! It's my mistake to even expect better from you

At first she thought of not responding but then feared that he might show that to Vamu and use it as tool to break their relation even more.

As long as it's only for her, I don't mind coming there. I'll be there next month as I have shoot until then. And you better not talk to her about this until then and make me the villian by saying how I'm postponing it.

She typed back the reply.

She never imagined that a day would come where they'll talk again. Neither did she imagine that the way they'd talk would be so lifeless and devoid of any emotions like this.

She did accept how there relation turned out, but didn't expect him to talk in such professional tone. And she, didn't like that.

But then she didn't even bother to change it.

                               ⋆ ★

BCCI has released an official statement about Mr.Rohit Sharma.

While there's no information about his health, it's stated that Mr. Rohit Sharma, the captain of India has been banned from the game and there are no possibile chances of re entry.

So this marks the end of Hitman in cricket.

Will you miss him or do you think the right decision was taken?

Ro who was only the hospital bed has seen this news and was aghast.

Dada has walked into the room and Ro was delighted to see him as he was left alone in the ICU for so many hours.

Ganguly : BCCI won't be paying your bills from now on. This is your suspension letter. Good bye.

Ro: Dada, please listen to what I have to say.

Ganguly: The world has seen it happen. There's nothing left to be discussed.

Ro: Please call Vi, I have to talk to him.

Ganguly: The players don't want to talk to you and I am here as the president of BCCI  representing everyone. Good bye Rohit Sharma.

Ro: Dada please. I have to talk to Vi.

Dada left the ICU leaving Ro alone in the room.

Rits has come hurriedly into the room after a while. Her pale face was the evidence to show how much she sobbed.

'Ro what's happening? I don't understand a single thing.' she sat on the stool placed next to Ro. She rested her head next to his as she began sobbing again.

'Shh, Rits don't cry please. I don't know anything as well. Amid all that that's happening, I can't afford to see you cry.' He pleaded.

'How come there are drug traces in your blood sample?'  she asked as she wiped her tears.

'I don't know anything Rits. Please call Vi. I need him next to me.' he pleaded.

'Yeah, I'll call him.' Rits took out her phone and dialled Vi's number which went unanswered. She tried calling Nush too but there was no response from her either.

'Is he angry with me? Does he also not believe me like the rest? Please call Mahi bhai. He'll definitely answer me call. He'll definitely trust his kiddo.' Ro said trying hard to control his tears.

Rits only nodded her head in response as tears choked up her throat.

She called Mahi bhai and the result was no different.

'Why are they not lifting the call? I'll go and talk to Vi and Nush in person.' Rits said as she wiped her tears and got up.

'No rits, I can't afford losing you too. Please stay with me.' Ro held her hand stopping her.

'No Ro, I'm sure Vi and Nush would trust you. They love us Ro, they'll take our side.' She said.

'No one trusts me Rits. There is solid proof against me. I fell unconscious on the ground. Millions of people have seen it. No one would trust me now.' Ro stated gloomily.

'What shall we do now Ro?'

'Let's go away. I can't let you and Sammy face the burnt for something done by me. We can't stay here anymore. Let's go away Rits.' he suggested.

'I'll go talk to the doctor about your discharge. Also I'll tell Kunal to arrange for our tickets ASAP.'

'Ask the nurse to go call the doctor. You please stay with me.' Ro pleaded.

Rits asked the nurse who was at the door to call the doctor.

'I am busy.' The nurse replied rudely.

'But that's your duty.' Rits retorted.

'You don't teach me about my work. I atleast do it sincerely unlike your husband.'

Rits couldn't speak even a word. She looked around to see people glaring at her with disgust.

The people who once loved and respected her husband were now looking at her in disgust. She couldn't stand among them anymore and walked back into the room.

'What happened?' Ro asked.

'The doctor said that you'll be discharged in two days.' Rits lied and avoided telling him what has happened outside.

'Talk to Kunal about the tickets.' he said and Rits nodded her head and walked into the washroom.

Her husband was already going through so much, she can't cry infront of him and hurt him more.

She tried calling Vi and Nush again but there wasn't any response. She was hurt, she was angry, she was disappointed, she was feeling so much at once but didn't find a way to vent it out.

She knew only one thing. She should stand by her husband and they together should give their daughter a beautiful life. Nobody and nothing else mattered to her.