Alpha Class

Sparrow stared at Bonnie, her anxiety now mixed with anger. 

"I'm not scared," she managed to choke out.

 "No?" James drawled, leaning back in his chair. 

The door creaked open. Two more students walked in.

 "Don't scare the new alpha off."

 The words were coming from the student in front. 

He had sandy colored short wolf ears and tail. He half waved to me.

 "Hey, I'm Chase, RunningPack's alpha."

 The student behind him spoke up, "I'm Shu, RunningPack's beta." 

They had their long black hair pulled up into a high ponytail. Her wolf ears poked through her hair

. "All this alpha has been doing is taking our wolves." James growled, flicking his hand at Sparrow. 

"I think a little change in the school is good," is all Chase said.

 Sharp tapping of footsteps was heard, and the teacher bust through the door. She sharply flicked on the lights. That earned a chorus of groans and whimpers from the gathered students.

 "Now that I have your attention," The teacher began, her voice echoing through the room, "Welcome to Alpha Class."

 She was an older woman, with greying hair pulled into a tight bun. 

"I'm Mrs. Kettle, I'll be teaching you about pack hierarchy and how to use your position within the pack effectively." 

Sparrow immediately perked up. She needed this class. She looked around the room. It didn't seem like anyone else was interested. 

"We will also be taking numerous field trips to see adult run packs in action. Any questions?"

 Mrs. Kettle looked around the room, her eyes stopping on Sparrow.

 "Yes?" Sparrow said, her hand in the air. 

"What is your question, dear?" Mrs. Kettle asked. 

"I was wondering if you could tell me more about the field trips? What exactly will we be doing?" Sparrow inquired. 

Mrs. Kettle smiled, "Of course, my dear. On the field trips you'll be observing the different pack dynamics at play and how each member of the pack interacts with one another. You'll also have a chance to speak with members of the pack to get their perspectives on what it's like to be in a pack." 

Sparrow nodded, her mind already spinning with ideas of what she could learn from these trips.

 "Now then," Mrs. Kettle continued, "Let's get started on today's lesson." 

She shooed the RunningPack werewolves into seats and walked purposefully to the whiteboard on the far side of the class. She picked up a marker and spun on her heels to face us. 

"Ok dears, you are Alphas now. Or you will be soon. What does that mean?" She continued on, answering her own question, "being an alpha means more than just being the leader of your pack. It means being the one that your pack looks to for guidance and protection. It means being the one that sets the tone for your pack. They are the ones who make the decisions and lead the pack through whatever challenges they may face. An Alpha needs to be strong, both physically and mentally. They need to be able to stand up for their pack and protect them from harm. As such, it is important that you take your position seriously and learn all that you can about being an effective leader." 

She clicked a button, and a video flickered to life from an unseen projector.

 "Let's take a look on how a professional Alpha handles insurrections inside their pack."