ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

It had been a couple of months since the end of the Second Great Prophecy, and everything was great; almost everything. 

It was the month of October, and Adhara was sitting in the dorms of Wampus. She was bent over a piece of parchment, as she completed her arithmancy homework. She leaned back against the soft couch, sighing with exhaustion. It was midnight and yet the Illvermony students were awake. 

Being the only person in her dorm room, Adhara was startled, when the door opened. A young woman walked in, her eyes ranging in colors. She was truly beautiful,  her noirette hair swayed as she walked in.

"Mum," Adhara spoke, smiling slightly. 

"Ara," Venus smiled at her daughter, pulling her into a hug.

"What's the matter, mum?" Adhara asked.  The mother-daughter duo was very close, despite the latter being a goddess. Venus wasn't the one for rules, and she didn't give a fuck about Jupiter's rules.

"A prophecy has been issued, sweetie," Venus told her daughter, sadly.

"Oh."

"Ara." Adhara turned toward the source of the voice. Artemis leaned against the door, a small smile on her face. Adhara smiled, embracing the other woman. 

"Mom," the two goddesses smiled at the girl. Despite Artemis not being her biological mother, Adhara considered her as one. Perhaps, it had something to do with the small part of her soul that she had inherited from Artemis.

The greek and roman goddesses exchanged sympathetic looks, before turning toward their daughter.

Worried, Adhara asked, "what is it?"

"There have been a lot of casualties, in Britain. Among Hecate's pets,"  Venus told her.

"oh... ok," she replied.

Artemis smiled at her sorrowfully, "You leave tomorrow. Jason, Percy, Nico, and Reyna will join you." 

Adhara nodded, hugging her mothers, as they were about to leave.

"Is he back?" 

"He is."

"How long?"

"A couple of months."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Why?" Annabeth asked Hecate.

"I'm sorry?" The goddess asked offended.

"Why?" Annabeth repeated again. "Why am I not going with them?"

"Because you are not needed on the quest, daughter of Athena," The goddess explained.

"But I'm always needed goddess Hecate. I always am." The demigoddess protested.

"In this quest, you are not."

Annabeth remained silent thoroughly offended, by the prospect of not being needed.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ'ˎ˗

~ 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠? ~

✧. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙸'𝚖 𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏-𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚞𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚜 (𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎).* ✧.*

・❥・ 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿? ・❥・

✧˚ · . 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. ˚ · .

˗ˏˋ 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 / 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.'ˎ˗

ʟᴏᴠᴇ,

ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ