Chapter Four

"Cali!" I jump in my desk at the sound of my name. "Yes Mr. sir?" I mumble. "Can you tell me what I just said?" He raises a brow at me. "No, I can't sorry." He sighs and throws a paint brush at me.

"Class dismissed. Get some sleep so you aren't sleeping in my class." I grab my bag and walk out while rubbing my eyes. I stayed up all night watching Chicago Med, and then I stayed up even longer talking to Sol. I also regret none of it. "Oh my god, Cali is this your car?" One of my class mates asked me. "Uh yeah." I get in and lock the door before she can ask me anything else.

Instead of going back to the hotel I meet Konni at a park.

"Hey girly." She says as I sit next to her. She then hands me a cup of coffee. "You doing alright?" I nod to her and lay my head on her shoulder. "I woke up missing home this morning. I never thought I'd say that." I don't miss Louisiana. What I miss is my family. It's been three weeks without seeing or even talking to them.

Before I left, my parents and I had a huge fight about me choosing Rome. They didn't want me to be far from them and alone. Nothing I said convinced them that this was an amazing opportunity and that I'm responsible enough to keep myself safe here.

At the end of the day I just want them to realize that it is my decision and that it's my life. "You should call them." She suggests. Maybe I should. But something inside me is keeping me from doing just that. "I will, eventually." I sit up and huff. "You work tonight? I need to go out."

"I work every bight babe." I smile at this. "Great, I'll see you tonight then." I hug her goodbye then walk back to my car. On the way there I notice a man taking a picture of my license plate. "Excuse me sir, what the hell are you doing?" I raise my voice at the stranger.

"Oh, Cali right? Cali Elora." I stop a few feet away from him. "How do you know my name?" He smiles as he puts his phone in his pocket. "You're Nolan's girlfriend. Why wouldn't I?" He brushes his hand over the back tire of my car. "You must be special. If he's already spending money on you." The guy whistles and locks eyes with me again. "Let him know I visited." He walks away with a cocky grin.

"Prick." I mutter as I take out my phone to call Sol. "Hey, come get me please."

They got to me in no time. Sol pulls up next to my car in his black mustang and both of them come to my side to bombard me with questions. "What's wrong?" Sol asks first. "Some guy said your name was Nolan then he molested my car. And told me to let you know he dropped by." Blue walks over to it to examinee it for me.

"Is Nolan your real name?" For a moment he didn't say anything. Of course I'm not mad at him, he isn't entitled to give me his real name when we just met a week ago. "Yeah." I nod as I glance over at Blue. "What's his real name?" I know he heard me because he stops and stares at Sol. They lock eyes and Blue shakes his head to him.

"Maybe some other time. Let me get you to your room." He nudges me but I stop him. "Tell me who that guy was first." He knows my name, hell he probably knows where I'm staying at too. "I'll explain later. Right now we just need to get you inside somewhere." This time he threw me over his shoulder and put me in his car.

"I'll meet you back at the house." Sol yelled to Blue before he got in on the driver's side. I pout at the way he just man handled me in front of all those people. "That was embarrassing." I announce. "You should have gotten in when I told you to."

I make it a point to stare out the window the whole drive. I kept quiet as I watched him pass the hotel and so many places I hadn't gotten around to visiting yet. I tried hard not to worry about that guy knowing my name. And about my car. "Where are you taking me?" I finally spoke.

"Our place." He pulls into a garage and gets out. I tried to open my own door but he slams it close just to reopen it. "Jeez." I mumble then get out. His hand hovers over my lower back as we walk in through the garage door. The inside of the house looks as modern as the exterior.

Everything is gadget like. Which I'd say is pretty darn cool. "Why am I here exactly?" I stop and turn to him. "Because I'm sure he knows what hotel you're at. So for now you are staying here. Blue is fixing your car and packing your clothes." I look at him for a moment. Along with his tone, his expression is serious.

Still though, I didn't quite understand what was happening. I know the circumstances of course. I just need the why. "Okay. Fine." I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water before heading to the couch. "Just so you know, I'm going out tonight." I say as I turn on the tv.

"You aren't going alone." I feel him walk up behind me. I act like I don't notice but my heart starts beating triple time. He reaches over the couch and drops my phone onto my lap. "I'll be upstairs if you need me." His breath hit my neck and that gave me chills. "Alright."

I didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch. But it was very comfortable and I was very tired. I wake up to the sound of the garage door opening and foot steps following that. I sit up, realizing that I now had a blanket over me. I shake that thought though and get up to see who had came in.

Blue's white shirt has scuff marks on it now and his usual slicked back hair is wet and fell to frame his face in waves. "Hey." He stops walking and looks at me. That's when I notice my bag in his hand. "You're car is fine. I'll take these up stairs." I get up and walk to his side. From this distance I can see the black dirt marks on his face too. "What was wrong with it?"

"There was a tracker on it and three of your tires were slashed. The gas tank was also leaking." I'm glad he got that done for me because I refuse to see a mechanic. "Thank you." He didn't say anything back. Instead he just walks up the stairs.

I check the time and decide that I still want to go out. So I turn off the tv and head up the stairs to find Sol. Both of their doors are open and beside each other. I stay put in the hall and call for Sol. Yet I get both of them. Blue is shirtless now and leaning against the door frame while Sol stood straight in his doorway.

I tried not to stare at Blue's bare chest, I just spared it a glance here and there. "I'm going to get ready, so is someone is still taking me to Fuse Lay?"

"Yeah, give us a minute." Sol says. Blue closes his door and Sol waits until I go into "my room" before closing his.

I shower and change into one of the few dresses Blue packed for me. I'm glad he got me decent clothes to wear. When I walk downstairs I see that they are both ready and waiting for me in the kitchen. "Alright I'm ready." I grab hold of the chain on Blue's dark jeans and the collar on Sol's leather jacket. I pull them to follow me. "I guess we're dogs now." I laugh at Blue's remark.

"Hush it grumpy pants."