Part 6

After grumbling about her situation, Jinx sat up and grabbed her phone again. The teen had made her decision. Clicking on Silco's contact labelled Pops💜🦈, the blue head pressed on call and waited impatiently for him to pick up."Hello?" she heard his raspy voice.

"Silco, I absolutely NEED to get homeschooled" she started, adjusting her black overcoat. "I mean, I'm more comfortable at home and you'll see, my performance will get way better once I'm not distracted by all these dumb-dumbs... I know it's not the first time but you gotta believe me, I mean, I got expelled last time! All because of some ogres looking for my trouble. You told me not to cause more trouble but I can't promise! The simple solution is to homeschool or damn, drop out of school. Look, I just wanna riot and I can't do it here!"

Silco patiently listened to her complaints until she was done. "Jinx..." Apprehensive of the risk of getting a lengthy lecture, she hummed in response. "I understand it's hard for you but the solution isn't to run away-" "B-but I'm not! I can barely stand the workers at home, I don't wanna deal with all these extras" Silco's tone contrasted with Jinx's shrill and tight one.

"Dropping out of school is not an option, we agreed on that. Homeschool is also not an option and here's why... While school isn't a preparation for the real world, it gives you a taste of the minimum. If you don't get a taste of that minimum how do you intend to function once you're hit with the maximum?" There was a short pause, "It's a question I'm asking you, Jinx"

"I... I... I can figure it out" she mumbled. "Hmm... I won't be here forever. Something could go wrong with the firm and just like that, I'd lose everything. You can't depend on me and what I can provide forever. You'll always be my daughter but you'll grow up and have to be your own person. Once that happens, you'll have to interact with the world. We can't function without other people. And if you find it hard to interact now, imagine how hard it'll be in the future if you suddenly refrain from any social contact..."

The girl let out a heavy exhale while wrapping her knees into a hug. "You seem pretty confident that I interact with extras over here, I don't. What's the point when everyone's always giving me weird looks?" Her voice was wobbly and her eyes red. "...Everyone, child?" Jinx didn't react, her left ear getting heated by the phone's warmth.

Her agitated mind went to her interaction with Jela that morning and the one with Benedito. Nevertheless, it crossed paths with the unpleasant Delia scenes. "Are you certain that every individual, let it be students, instructors, everyone you've encountered in school... Have they all given you weird looks?" She breathed deeply at the mention of teachers, remembering the previous English class.

The teen had compared Madam Chiderah to a gorilla but she wasn't particularly mean. "I'm still waiting, take your time" assured Silco. "No..." she whispered. "Pardon?" "Not all of them" "I see... If that's the case, then it's not impossible to reach out to someone and make a connection. Correct?" "Correct..." "Well then, do you think you can try for me?"

Her brows furrowed. She could try, Jela gave her the opportunity to. But there was no guarantee that things would work out without Jinx getting hurt. "It's that... I get scared, though" "And that's fine. Fear haunts us all, child. We can always choose to go beyond it" Jinx remained silent, processing his words.

Sure, Jinx had always suggested homeschooling hoping her request would be considered but, maybe it was a good thing that he refused. The teen had one experiment going on outside of her lab and that was the ravenette with glasses. She'd stay until it's complete. "I'm afraid I'll have to leave you, for now, dear. Also, I won't be available for a while if something's important, go to Sevika. Have a great day" "I'll see ya later, Pops" she muttered before hanging up.
.
.
.
.
Jela's pov
.
.
.
I left Liem and Mathias in the library heading to class for Literature. In the hallway, I noticed a tall blonde walking behind me. I sped walk to enter the class before her. It was wrong to enter after or right before a teacher.