Free Day

Almost three months had passed from when Uraraka joined the Musatafu Guild. And they were no closer to finding the Guild of Villains lair than they were when they had started. They had already combed through the entirety of floor one. Aside from a couple high level secret dungeons and a couple secret bosses they defeated, there was nothing in the way of the Guild.

There was also news of another guild of player killers. This guild called itself Laughing Coffin. The major most difference between Laughing Coffin and the Guild of Villains was that while Laughing Coffin was content to just kill players, the Guild of Villains was more apt to rob them, rape them, dismember them before they were killed.

Today was a mandated rest day, per Iida's orders. Everyone was doing different things. Midoriya was at the Smithy testing different weapons. Kirishima and Ashido decided to finally go on their first actual date in the Town of Beginnings. Uraraka had finally returned to her cabin to pack her things. She had been living with Midoriya for the three months she'd been with the Guild, and figured her cabin was safe now that it had been abandoned for that long. Iida was with Hatsume, who was critiquing Midoriya on his weapons choices. Bakugo went back to floor three to challenge random players to duels. Kaminari wanted to hang out Jiro.

As for Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, they were walking through floor two. They couldn't fully relax. They had decided to check this floor to see if this could possibly be the hiding ground for the Guild. The vast openness of the area didn't look like it'd be the best place for a guild in hiding. But as was the case with floor one, they were certain there were hidden corners of this floor, so it was possible they were hiding somewhere.

"If the Guild of Villains isn't here, where do you suppose they could be?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"I'm unsure. They'd have to be on floor three or four if they aren't on this floor," Todoroki said.

"Unless they've moved from every time the floors have opened."

"In which case, they could be on the highest available floor. When they first appeared, floor five had been open for a while. If they left anything behind, we had best check there for clues."

They returned to the warp gate and got ready to warp to floor five. But they saw someone approaching them before they could. It was a guy with somewhat slicked back spiky black hair.

"Excuse me," he said to them, "can you help me? I lost someone in the grasslands out there."

Todoroki and Yaoyorozu exchanged a quick glance. He didn't have the symbol of the Guild of Villains on his clothing, at least on the front of his outfit. That didn't mean he didn't have a tattoo or the emblem on the back of his clothing.

"Who did you lose out there?" Todoroki asked.

"A friend," he replied.

They were still hesitant to trust him. Ultimately though, they thought it best to humor him and maybe regret it. Yaoyorozu told him to lead the way. To their relief he didn't have the Guild of Villains emblem on his back. Neither did he have the Laughing Coffin logo. They were still hesitant to trust him. As he led them he kept casting backwards glances at Yaoyorozu. It made her uncomfortable.

The four months she'd been in the Musatafu Guild were rather peaceful for her. Disregarding the monsters and the Guild of Villains attacks, of course. She'd told Todoroki about how she was constantly hit on whenever she was alone in the Town of Beginnings. While he was still unsure how flirting was considered hitting someone, she found it funny. And kind of cute. She would often find herself more comfortable talking openly with Todoroki than if she was openly talking to pretty much anyone else, even in the Musutafu Guild. She found that there was just something about him that comforted her. What it was specifically, she didn't know. His calm demeanor? His neutral expression? His sultry voice? She blushed at that thought.