Fullness of emotions | 5

Time: episode 5.
Place: somewhere in the world, subway.
____________

Ana:
Talked?
We talked to her as well
[11:42]

Jake:
I am telling the truth, Ana.
I filled her in on something.
One day I am going to tell to you too, I promise you that.
[11:43]

Ana:
I've been hearing that since forever
Jake, please 😔
[11:44]

•°•°•°

Video. Lilly posted a video on her channel, and now information about Ana and me is almost publicly available. And it's all my fault. Everything because of my carelessness and lack of restraint. If I'd thought to check the archived folders in Hannah's e-mail provider, if I'd been able to contain my emotions while watching Lilly initiate the vote. But I can't. I can't watch in silence that Ana's and Lily's antipathy turns into a threat that Ana will be out of the group, that I will no longer have a direct, permanent source of information... My intervention seems like a harmless prank, almost childish. And for some reason they are offended. Someone is angry, but Lilly is... Lilly records a video, expressing her emotions, fears and suspicions. This is the problem... And that's all my fault. And I have to fix the mistake.

I'm writing to Lilly. I tell her about my motives in the searching. Even if I can't prove anything to her right now, sitting on my bag in the subway and looking for my pursuers in the crowd. But she almost believes me. Gives a delay and removes the video in drafts. At least something.

And now Ana asks me to tell her everything. She asks me to tell her how I was able to convince Lilly. I'd probably like to tell... But I can't yet. I understand that it's hard for her to live in tension because of the investigation that has fallen on her head. And my secrets only make things worse, of course. I understand. But I can't, even if my heart breaks at the sight of her "please".

•°•°•°

Jake:
Ana, I am wanted by the government.
[11:50]

•°•°•°

This is also truth. Just still not all truth. I just open the veil of mystery, weaken the protection, show that I trust her not only in words. I still have a lot of secrets.

I'm writing and I'm afraid to look at the answer. What if she'll says she doesn't want anything to do with me from now on? I'll understand, it's logical. It's the right thing for her. It's safe. But the thought of it makes my selfishness bite my heart. It almost hurts.

•°•°•°

Ana:
Is this in any way related to Hannah?
[11:52]

Jake:
No, it's not. That's my own personal thing.
[11:54]
B

ut I want to make sure that you are able to understand some of my motives at least a little bit.
[11:55]
And that you know that I am on of the good guys.
If you can call it that.
I meddled in some things that were never supposed to get out into the public.
[11:57]

Ana:
Why haven't you ever told me?
[11:58]

•°•°•°

Because I'm selfish. Because I like her attention. I like talking to her. I like to read her "I like you" from time to time. I'm so fascinated by her that I can't tell her in right time about the dangers of working more closely with me. And even now I write differently. "I was afraid that you would stop trusting me." It's funny how the same thoughts expressed in a different form can become very different.

•°•°•°

Ana:
And that's why you're hiding your identity
[12:03]

Jake:
Yes.
To be honest
Ever since I met you...
I actually have hope again.
[12:04]
And I thank you for that, Ana.
[12:05]

•°•°•°

"Hope". I can only hope that she doesn't ask me to explain this message. Because I don't really know what I'm saying. Since I met her... I'm starting to believe in fairy tales, right? In fairy tales like "everything can be changed" and "any story can have a good ending". This is nonsense. Not any of stories. Some stories don't end at all. Mine is one of those. There will be no end to this run, Ana, I'm sorry.

Time is short. The right train is about to arrive, and I will be forced to turn off all the devices and disappear. In a matter of minutes.

•°•°•°

Jake:
But I am going to contact you again as soon as I can.
[12:10]

Ana:
Hey, Jake?
[12:10]

Jake:
Yes?
[12:10]

Ana:
Thank you
[12:10]
For confiding in me despite all of this.
[12:11]

Jake:
Thank you for never making me regret confiding in you.
[12:11]

•°•°•°

I know she can find her way to Hannah. In a way... She's even better than I expected.

The train door opened in front of me. The time comes.