Fullness of emotions | 9

Time: episode 9.
Place: motel Y.
__________

They're going to leave Duskwood. The house that Richy manages to rent is now supposed to be a temporary shelter for a group of Hannah's friends. I don't even know if this is a good idea... For some reason, they are satisfied.

They try to isolate themselves from the investigation, to protect themselves. I guess I understand. As a result, only three people aren't busy packing: Dan, who is still in the hospital, and Ana and I.

It's a strange feeling. This whole thing is too fake. We almost solve the case, and we even have Hannah's mobile phone, which I'm sure we can find a lot from. But even this success somehow seems like a fiction. Something is going incorrect, completely wrong...

She says it's because of everything we have to go through. Because we haven't found Hannah yet. Maybe it's true...

We're trying to get back to the investigation. We discuss the theory that Michael Hanson is the kidnapper. He also fits perfectly into the role of our criminal. There is a clear motive - revenge for the daughter who died in the accident. And a whole bunch of evidence was found in his old house. However, the house is now abandoned and anyone could get in just like Thomas and Jessica did. What for? If the real culprit isn't Michael, he could use it as a ruse, distract any searchers with this theory, and buy himself some time. For what? That's another question.

Ana has doubts, too, and I have to admit that I'm glad she has an open mind. She is still searching for the truth, not rushing to grasp the most obvious thread. So, in the end, I wasn't wrong, I can trust this person.

Jessica managed to take a few photos in that house and uploaded them to the web to give us access. Now we can discuss them while the rest of the group gets ready for the trip. And maybe I'll regret it and deal with the consequences for a long time, but... I connect Ana as an observer, let her see my screen - she is so surprised at first, then turns everything into a joke, making me smile again - and open the photos.

Ana says I'm first for her - nobody has ever shared a screen with her before. Well. In this sense, she is also my first. I've never shared my screen with anybody before, too. My screen is exclusively my property. My secret. I'm pretty greedy about that.

We look each of photos, discussing the details. Everything is going pretty well until I see another threat. Just her name on a letter, nothing more.

It doesn't compare to anything we've seen before

It doesn't compare to anything we've seen before. But why do I feel so anxious and uncomfortable? I clench my fists. In moments like this, I am confronted with the fact that I am incapable of protect her, I clearly understand that we are far from each other. All I can do in case of danger is pick her up and try to calm her down. But these are empty words. Nothing. I just can't protect her, no matter how much I want to. I laugh again, but this time I'm not having fun at all.

Damn, damn. It's not very pleasant to feel like a helpless weakling, not even able to protect even the girl to whom... feels a certain amount of affection.