Chapter One:

The menacing sound of heels coming down the cold, dark stairway echoes through the damp heavy air. Silence deafens me as the sound stops and a heavy feminine voice cuts through the room. I look around the dimly lit cell, the stone walls glistening with the condensation of the cold air. My chains rattle as I attempt to get free once more, failing for the third time. The sound of heels echoes again as the woman who'd imprisoned me came toward the steel bars of the door. I look up into the icy blue eyes of the most beautiful yet terrifying woman in all of Arcane Empire, Lady Arcane.

"W-what do you want from me?!" I ask, trying desperately to hide my fear. She laughs as she looks down at me, her long black hair falling from behind her ear. Her deep, breathy voice reverberating through me as she speaks. "What could I possibly want from something so pathetic? Hm??" She drawls, a slight smirk tugging at the corners of her perfect lips. I remain silent as she opens the door, looking away from her and shaking with fear as she steps toward me. She leans down closer to me and whispers in my ear, "All you are to me is something to drink from! After all, your blood would make the best drink for me at the moment..". My shaking gets worse as I begin to panic, feeling her warm breath against my throat and her cool hands tilting my head to the side. "This will only hurt a bit.." she says, leaning down toward my neck and flashing her pearly white fangs. I try to move away in vain as my chains keep me bound to the wall, panicking and crying softly. "Lady Arcane! Kishka is waiting to see you" a guard calls, making Lady Arcane sigh impatiently. She gets up and looks at me, anger burning in her eyes whilst tears form in mine. I hear her walk off and proceed to hit the guard across the face on her way out, making him gasp with shock.

The heavy steel door swings open as I wake, looking up to see the same guard from yesterday standing there. Lady Arcane then comes up from behind him and flicks her hand, telling the guard to leave as she comes toward me. I flinch as she steps closer, squeezing my eyes shut and waiting for her to push my head to the side. Her oddly soothing voice cuts through the air as I look up at her, tears streaming down my cheeks. "You're one lucky little human, pathetic but lucky..." she growls, unlocking the chain attached to the wall and leading me out of my cell. I walk up the stairs and squint as the light of the hallway pierces my vision. The marble floor shines as we walk over it whilst the heavy mahogany doors open. Lady Arcane pulls me up a vast spiral staircase and into a beautiful bedroom, sighing as she unchains me. "You can stay here rather than in that cold cell understood?? There is a bathroom and some clothes in here already, get yourself cleaned up and come down to the library" she says, a tired expression on her face as I nod hesitantly. She leaves and a little clicking sound follows, the door closing as she walks away.

I look around the room in awe, the large window slightly covered by heavy red curtains and the dressing table sat beside it. The dark wooden wardrobe and the massive bed remaining side by side, making the whole room look elegant and welcoming. I step into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, splashing my face with warm water and trying to take it all in. I look over to the towel rail, walking over and drying myself with the soft red cloth. The clothes that were on my bed fit perfectly and I open the heavy door, making my way down the stairs and trying to find the library. Lady Arcane walks toward me and huffs as she takes me by the wrist, pulling me into a room filled with books. I gasp as she slams the door shut, angrily growling and looking at me. Her cold blue eyes fill with rage as she struts toward me, raising her hand as if she were about to hit me. I flinch and shut my eyes, waiting for her to slap me but she just sighs and sits down. I look up at her and see a single tear roll down her cheek as she hides her face in her hands. "Why?...why me?..." she mutters under her breath as she chases the tear away with her hand. She then walks toward me and glares at me, opening the door and throwing me out of the room. I land hard on my elbows and knees, wincing with pain. "Welcome to my circus little human! Where I'M the ring leader!.."

(WOO! 836 words! I really hope people see this because chapter two will be hopefully out tomorrow!! Ily baiiiii!!)