Chapter Two:

(I cannot CONTAIN my excitement!! TWO READS! I'm so happy that at least one person started reading, let the story continue...)

I struggle to my feet, wincing and looking at her. Lady Arcane let's out yet another long, terrifying laugh as she begins to chase me. "W-what do you mean?!" I yell, my voice echoing through the hall, she looks at me with a murderous look in her eyes and smiles devilishly. "I mean I'm going to give you three seconds to start running...otherwise, well, we both know what will become of you!" she drawls, flashing her sharp white fangs once more. The blood drains from my face as I start running in terror, adrenaline pumping through my veins whilst she begins to count. I hear the sound of her footsteps drawing closer and try to catch my breath, looking up at her in pure fear and shock. The sounds slowly go quieter and I lean against the stone wall, panting. Suddenly, the feeling of her cold hands around my throat come back to me as I try to scream and cry out for help, kicking my legs out and hitting her in the gut. The Lady lets out a cry of pain and drops me, dropping to the ground and crying softly. I walk over to her slowly, cautiously stepping over her long beautiful legs and looking down at her face. Then I see the blood, pooling around her side and the knife she had held in her hand. The blade had only managed to make a fairly deep cut on her side and I let out a sigh of relief. "Lady Arcane?..Are you, alright??" I ask, getting slightly worried at her silence. She then suddenly pulls me to the ground and growls angrily, picking up the knife and putting it to my throat. I stay silent, begging for this to be a bad dream as she leans up to whisper in my ear. She winces as she quietly speaks, "I just need a d-drink...", begging for me to help her with her now tear-filled blue eyes. A sigh leaves my lungs as I sit down beside her, looking at her wound and shutting my eyes. "And if I help you...you won't kill me?.." I ask, looking at her. She slowly shakes her head as she makes a tiny cut on my neck, drinking slowly. The pain is strange, almost as if all of my organs are being pulled toward her. I then feel her collapse on the ground, blood around her lips and her eyes shut. Her chest moves up and down as she breathes, her beautiful body lay on the floor and her long black hair remained around her face in a slight tangle. I look at her in awe, her gorgeous figure perfectly outlined by the black stone floor. Slowly getting up, I back away and head toward the massive front door and tugging at the handle. The door opens with a fair bit of effort and the cold winter air hits my face like a cold book. I look back down the hall, feeling slightly guilty at just leaving her there. I shake the thoughts off and step out of the door, sighing with happiness at being free at last.

I walk along the dirt path, the cold and bitter air nipping at my skin as I shiver. The wind howls around the tall spires of Arcane Manor as I walk, making the thoughts of guilt come back to me. The door to the massive building looks almost inviting as I stare at it, making me want to just run back to her. My head floods with thoughts as I wonder what could happen if I did, making the wind seem quieter. I stand there not knowing what to do and stare at the massive iron gates, thinking about her. I begin to run, faster and faster along the path as I fight my urge to turn back, blinking away the snow which now began to fall into my eyes.

I haul the heavy mahogany door open and run along the hallways, desperately trying to find the library I'd left her in. I look through countless before I finally find the familiar looking door and pull on the handle, making the heavy door slowly swing open. She remains lay there, silent and unconscious, her breathing being the only sound she makes. I lift her head onto my lap and wipe the blood from around her lips, sadness and guilt filling my conscience as I remember that I did this to her. Her breathing quickens and I lay her head gently back onto the floor. I back away nervously as she stirs, picking up the knife off of the floor and holding it in front of me shakily. She gets up and puts her hand to her head, wincing as she stands. Her eyes meet mine and she smiles slightly, looking at the knife I'm holding and raising her brow. "And what do you plan on using that for?" she asks, looking into my eyes. I try to come up with a reply as the knife drops to the floor, shaking slightly as I now regret returning. Lady Arcane smiles and walks over to me slowly, kicking the knife and sending it skittering across the library floor. I back away and run, bursting out of the front door as she calls my name and strides after me. "Y/N! Wait!!" she yells, picking up speed and grabbing me by the wrist.