[04]

Chapter 4: Welcome to Gumho Station
[☆]

"CURRENTLY, there are 86 people in Gumho Station. Ah, 88 people now with Dokja-ssi and Hanbyeol-ssi."

For around half a day, Kim Dokja focused on grasping the present situation of Gumho Station. It was Lee Hyunsung who mainly gave the information.

"It is less than I thought."

"Yes. When the scenario broke out, only those near the station and those on the train survived. Everyone didn't say it but perhaps in the first scenario..."

Kim Dokja didn't need to hear more. He could see it from the expressions of the people. Those who survived had trampled on someone's life. All the humans here were murderers.

"Currently, Gumho Station is divided into two groups. Strictly speaking, it is one group and the rest."

Lee Hyunsung looked at the crowd with a dark expression. There were men armed with iron pipes or other weapons. It was clear which faction was in power.

"Believe in me! The group president is working hard and everyone will soon be rescued."

The youngest son of Hankyung Group, Han Myungoh.

"Hyung-nim is right, everyone. Don't lose hope."

The one who embraced Han Myungoh and practically led the group was Cheon Inho. They were the 'mainstream' group.

"Mother, I'm bored. Can't I play with your phone?"

"Hold on for a moment. The rescue team will come soon."

"The government will act. It isn't that easy for a country to collapse."

And the people who were protected by the mainstream group and wanted to get on with their lives were the 'marginalized' group.

Their will was too weak to be killers. Even if 100 murderers were gathered together, they would be divided between the weak and the strong. Maybe these people were thinking that they weren't murderers. They all believed it was unavoidable.

Lee Hyunsung watched the mainstream group inciting the people and said, "Food distribution is determined by the mainstream group. Convenience stores and restaurants in the region have already been robbed. The foods that can be eaten right now are almost gone."

"I see."

"It is the reason why some people from the mainstream group were sent above for food exploration. Heewon-ssi, who you brought in, went with them."

"Heewon-ssi?"

"Ah, it's the name of the woman who Dokja-ssi saved."

Kim Dokja looked at the said woman who currently lay on the subway bench. Under the bright light, her pretty features could be seen. And sitting next to her was a tall woman possessing a different kind of beauty. If Heewon was the gentle type, Hanbyeol on the other hand was the perfect example of a cold beauty. These two must've often heard that they were attractive.

At this moment, Park Hanbyeol was intently examining Heewon's condition. Amber eyes became blue as the surgeon activated her 'Scan' skill. A skill that could make the user's eyes function quite similarly to that of an x-ray machine. In other words, it has the ability to see through anything, may it be an object or a living thing.

"How is she?" Kim Dokja asked Park Hanbyeol when he noticed her eyes turning back to their original color.

"Her condition is now stable. The poison in her body is no longer on a critical level. It's probably thanks to this thing inserted in her mouth." The doctor answered while holding the Ellain Monkey's Lungs which Kim Dokja had purchased earlier. He used it as a substitute for an air purifier since the aboveground had been contaminated with poisonous fog.