[19]

Chapter 19:
Operation: Saving Mr. Sunfish
[☆]

YOO Jonghyuk was not on the sixth floor.

Fortunately, the remaining movie on the sixth floor was easy. It was a typical thriller directed by Bryan Singer. Kim Dokja already knew the identity of the killer, so clearing it was just like a walk in the park.

[The theater owner is satisfied with the changed ending of the movie.]

[You have obtained 500 coins as compensation.]

"...He was really the killer?" Lee Jihye asked, not expecting that that person turned out to be the killer all along.

Surprised by the girl's reaction, Kim Dokja glanced at her with wide eyes. "Don't tell me it's a spoiler? There's actually someone here who hasn't seen it?"

To this, Jung Heewon only smiled while Lee Gilyoung looked clueless.

"...Is that it?"

Meanwhile, slight disappointment was evident in Park Hanbyeol's tone as she did not get to feel the thrill she had expected from the movie. Well, if you're with someone who already had knowledge of the story's ending, you're bound to feel disappointed. And, there's someone who seemed to share her sentiment.

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' hates spoilers.]

In any case, Kim Dokja was able to get a good harvest due to the movie's unique characteristics.

[Skill Book: Calm Observation]

Calm Observation. It was quite a useful skill. This skill allowed the user to see the movements of the target and figure out their overall stats. It didn't mean much to Kim Dokja since he already had 'Character List', but it would be quite useful for people like Yoo Sangah, Lee Gilyoung, Jung Heewon, and of course Park Hanbyeol. Also, this skill would be good when used against enemies excellent in acting.

"Now, I'm tired of movies."

Park Hanbyeol agreed with Jung Heewon's words. Watching numerous movies continously was really exhausting, much more when you're experiencing their plot firsthand.

Actually, before the end of the world, the surgeon was very fond of binge watching or having a movie marathon by herself whenever she got some spare time. However, the situation this time was quite different as she didn't get to choose what movie to view. For example:

[The screening will begin.]

A system message was heard when the party reached the seventh floor, promptly stopping them from advancing to the last floor where they believed the bastard regressor was.

The blue spotlight covered everyone and the scene changed. Park Hanbyeol's head spun as if she was riding a roller coaster before a salty smell entered her nose. Deja vu.

The stage was the sea. But... this time it wasn't a cruise ship. Additionally, there was a smell of gunpowder in the air and the texture of the Panokseon could be felt under their feet.

The moment Park Hanbyeol turned her head to observe her surroundings, she heard someone's voice shouting:

"Everybody, get down-!"

Out of reflex, she ducked and just a second after, there was a bombardment of gunfire around her.

Tang tang tang tang-

All around her, a few soldiers began to collapse and they were bleeding.

"Protect the ship-!"

The soldiers dressed in old military garb were rushing around the ship. A bone-chilling wind blew as the battle took place. The turbulent Myeongnyang Strait was swirling and there was a distant sound of drums.