Laying the cards on the table

My eyes fluttered open after the last bandage was taken off, but everything was white...
"Vivian?...yes doctor...can you see anything?...all is white, why I'm I not seeing anything yet?...relax, your eyes have been shut for long so they're getting used to the light, you seeing all white means the surgery was a success...huh, thank God_doctor, I think I'm seeing a colour now but it's blurred... okay, focus your eyes on that particular thing...Roland, is that you?...yes, I'm right here Viv...I can see you, I'm beginning to see clearly now."

I saw him motioning to someone else in the room to come over, then I saw my mum and dad. I was so ecstatic and stood up to hug them, then I saw Jayden "J.J, how are you darling?... I'm great, Aunty Vivian, how are you?... I'm okay darling, I missed you so much...me too, daddy said I can't come to the hospital always to visit you...don't worry my dear, I'm seeing you now and I'm glad, where's your dad?... he's here". Then came from the corner of the room, the one I've been waiting to set eyes on(sounds cheesy). I hugged him and hung on to him for a while before Roland cleared his throat and pointed out to the fact that we weren't the only ones in the room. The doctor advised that I rest my eyes more often since I was being discharged there and then. We went home in my parents car with Greg's car following behind, actually my parents asked him to tag along for a little impromptu get together to celebrate the success of the surgery.

My mum and I put some interesting recipes together and came up with a delicious delicacy that everyone enjoyed. My mum was getting along well with J.J, I mean it's not surprising, he's an amazing child. They were the perfect match for each other, like a mum and her grandson. Greg asked to speak to me alone and I took him outside, we sat on a lazy chair and talked
"I'm glad you're back and strong now, have you heard anything with regards to the adoption process? I mean to get Sharon to live with you...I haven't heard from them yet, you know even though I was in the hospital I wasn't able to check up on her and follow through on the case...okay but if you need me to help with the adoption process, kindly let me know...yes please, I will...I also want to apologise for what happened to you...what happened?...I understand what you're trying to do...what I'm I trying to do?...Viv, I feel it's my fault you had that accident, if I had informed you about where I was you wouldn't have felt the need to look for me...Greg, hold on, you already apologized even though I told you it wasn't your fault and I don't blame you for what happened. Besides I'm okay now and I want to thank you for being there for me while I was at the clinic, I'm really grateful... you're welcome and thanks for forgiving me...you know you're stubborn right?...well, I've been told...oh really, by who?...my parents...they did well... hahaha_will you be staying with your parents for awhile or go back to your apartment?...I think I'll go back to my place tomorrow otherwise my mum will make me eat for the whole world, I don't want to get fat... you're perfect and you know you're really blessed to have both parents doting on you...yes and I'm grateful to God for that, you are blessed too... yeah, we thank God...so when do you plan on fulfilling your son's desire?...my son's desire?...yes, to have another mother...oh_erhmm...erhmm?... Vivian...oh wow, and he mentions my name in full, this must be serious...let me just tell you what I told Roland...where have I been?..."
He looked like he was about to make a great confession and looked really sincere "...he asked what my intentions for you were...when was that?...when your parents came to visit the following day after the accident, you remember we excused you?...oh yeah, I remember, but on a more serious note, you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, I don't want you to feel pressured...oh no, you deserve to know and I'm aware that you really want to know...well, you're not mistaken, I do want to know but it should be when you're ready to let me know...I am...okay, I'm all ears...so like I told Roland, I think you'd like me to be honest... I'd appreciate that... good_you're a special person, special to me and I wouldn't want to rush into anything with you without being sure that's what we both want and I don't want to jeopardize our friendship either...okay?...so I want us to take things one step at a time, I want to be intentional about whatever will happen between us and even if we still continue as friends without taking things further, that there would be no awkwardness, please I hope you get what I'm saying?...yes please I get you and I think that's the right thing to do, let's see where this leads... thank you so much for understanding, you're the best... I'll take the compliment😊_it's late, I think J.J is ready to go home...yes even though he would rather be with you...you or him?...😂😂😂well...why would he though?...he really loves you and you're what he talks about most at home...oh really, I love him too😊_ you know if my baby was alive, she would have been almost the same age as him..." he reached out to squeeze my hand and without much effort, the tears trickled down my cheeks with that single act "...hey, it's okay, she's with the Lord now and I'm sure you'll have more children in the near future with Sharon as their big sister..." that made me smile slightly "...wait, did I tell you how many kids I want to have ?... hahaha no, I just imagined you'd want a football team...what!!! Oh no... that's what I wanted to see, that smile...thank you for everything... you're welcome".