Chapter 4

A few minutes later, I made my way to the kitchen tent, where I discovered that one of the human chefs had already begun preparing the breakfast, and hear my stomach growl because of the wonderful aroma. I can't even properly pronounce the names of the animals.

Although the humans have implanted transmitters in our ears to assist us in understanding the Aliens languages, there are still some words that we are unable to properly pronounce.

The animal that has laid eggs, such as a chicken, has provided the eggs that is currently being cooked with its meat. I just called them monster chickens because they significantly bigger than your typical chicken from a farm and considerably more vicious.

A few of them are confined in a pen a few miles away, and they are responsible for laying the eggs for us. If the chicken has been around for too long, we will sometimes kill it eat the meat.

"Do you need some help?" As I entered the tent, and asked the other slave woman named Emily.

"Here. Finish chopping these." She moves a bundle of round things that vaguely resemble onions toward me from the other side of the table.

When the Aliens took us humans, Earth presented them with a number of seed packets as a gesture of gratitude for their assistance in preserving our planet.

"Okay." I tell her softly as I pick up a long silver knife with a super sharp blade and begin to slowly chop them up, being careful not to accidentally cut my fingers with the sharp blade of the knife.

After a brief period of time, the food is finished being prepared, at which point several additional slave women enter the tent and begin bringing out the food.

When it comes to eating, we are also subject to certain guidelines. Who gets to eat first is determined by their position in the hierarchy.

It is customary for the king to be served first, followed by the captains and then the fighters. After the those members of the Horde have obtained their plates, the remaining members of the Horde are free to take one for themselves, at which point the Horde women will be able to take theirs as well.

Slaves are the last people to eat and are allowed to eat whatever is left over after everyone else has finished.

When it comes time for us to eat, when there is not much food left, and I wanted to make sure the elderly and the children to get their fill before I do.

I am often left hungry. I know I should just care about my self but I just do not have the heart to watch someone else go hungry.

I decide to spend the next hour in the kitchen, where I continue to grab and clean the dishes as the other women bring them inside the tent. Because I wash at least a couple hundred plates every day, my hands are always rough.

I blame the work.

When I don't have help, I feel like my arms might actually just fall off.

Because it can take me up to several hours to clean up after each meal, I don't have as many responsibilities as other slaves do.

It's not uncommon for my fingers to go numb, and when that happens, I have to start moving them around in order to get the blood flowing through them again.

After some time has passed, I have finally completed everything with the help of another slave named Austin. He stated that one of the other men told him to come inside to assist me, and he did so.

I felt very thankful.

I quickly rushed out of the tent and towards the food table, where I grabbed a plate for myself before anyone else could do so, and then I started eating my eggs while looking around the camp.