Kabanata 17

Kabanata XVII

***

HENDRIX were in a familiar place. The same place where he usually meets his mate through his dreams. A place that seems like an endless winter but the forest kept on burning every single time.

He could still hear the child's cries for help as if someone is chasing her.

He then again followed his mate's presence but instead of the lake, he saw her running to a different direction.

It is on a hill, the snow stop falling on that place but wind is cold. On top of that hill is his mate looking intently at a family of three happily bonding while looking at the stars together.

"How did you meet mom, daddy?" the silver haired child asked.

"That was years ago, baby, but I still remember it perfectly," he chuckled.

"For hundreds of years I longed for a mate, and when I was about to give up, heavens answered my prayers, literally since your mother just fell in the sky," he smiled.

Napasimangot doon ang ina ng bata.

"Shut it," she frowned making her husband laugh.

"She fell right into my arms and that moment I knew she's my fated half. But it wasn't easy since your mother didn't accept the idea at first. Ag sama pa ng ugali noong una," ngisi nito.

"You don't have to tell her that!" she hissed.

"I was lost before, dapang dapa ako pero hindi ako sinukuan ng iyong ama. Siya ang nag ahon sa akin, kahit gaano pa kahirap ay walang oras na tumigil siya. That's why you were here now, my child,"  pagkukwento ng ginang.

"What is a mate?" the child asked while her mother is combing her hair.

"In this world, beings are born incomplete," her father started.

"Why?" the child asked.

"hmm. . . That, I do not know," he shrugged.

"Each world has its own rules anak. That's how it works and keeps its balance," her mother smiled.

"I see. . . " tumatangong saad ng batang babae.

"The moon goddess only blessed beings life and it is up to them to find who their string of fate is connected to, their other half, to make them complete," her father explained.

"Do I have a mate too?" the child asked.

"We all have, honey. Even I didn't expect I have," her mother  chuckled.

"What do you think my mate is like?" she again asked.

"We don't know, but I hope he won't take you from us early," her father patted her head.

"Don't think about it yet, my princess. Just be a kid as you are and grow up healthy and happy, that is all we desire," he added.

The scene then started to fade leaving his mate sobbing.

Kasabay ng kaniyang pag iyak ang malakas na bagyong halos tumangay kay Hendrix. The storm that represents her rage, her overwhelming emotions.

Pinilit iyong labanan ni Hendrix saka mahigpit na niyakap ang kaniyang mate.

"I am here, Mi Luna. . . " he whispered with as he enveloped her with his warmth.

Unti unti ay kumakalma na ang bagyo habang patuloy lamang sa pag luha ang kaniyang mate habang ito ay nasa kaniyang mga bisig.

***

Iminulat ni Hendrix ang mga mata nang tumama ang sinag ng araw roon. Kasalukuyan silang naglalakbay patungong timog upang harapin ang alpha  ng pinakamalakas na pack sa lugar.