𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚋𝚞𝚢𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 | 𝟷𝟾 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

18 June 2005

SATURDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

'𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓?'

15 minutes after the message is received, [y/n] was on the back of a bike, the frigid night air biting against her bare skin.

The city streets lacked their usual crowds, the night goers standing outside of clubs and sitting on the curbs. Skyscrapers and various other structures had their inside lights turned on, and at the speed which [y/n] was going, looked like blurred stars mixing in with the obsidian sky.

Unlike the day at the beach two weeks prior, Mikey's black leather seats were cool, and the metal wasn't overheating against her body.

As the two turned onto the main road, the traffic usually present now absent, Mikey twisted the throttle further, the shrill sound of the engine echoing through the streets. The warmth of the exhaust blew onto [y/n]'s ankle, causing a goosebump sensation to grow up her arms.

At the increase in speed, [y/n] involuntarily tightened her grip on Mikey's waist, feeling the contours of his Toman jacket.

[y/n] knew where Mikey was taking her by his next right turn, speeding towards Shibuya's crossing. Mikey weaved his bike between the few various cars and trucks alike.

The neon lights of the multiple billboards reflected onto the wet pavement, illuminating the white lines of the three-way crossing. Crowds of people stood in waiting on all three sides, passing by in a blur of colour.

Although there wasn't really an exact destination Mikey took [y/n] to on his late night rides, she knew he used this time to think over an issue that was present - and having the feeling of the bike underneath him at an accelerating speed made him feel free; like he wasn't trapped or caged.

[y/n] knew Mikey didn't want her to pry, knowing he will tell her when he felt comfortable, a trait that he loved her for. Giving him the space he needed but not leaving himself alone to wallow in his emotions.

So thats what she did on these late nights. Whether it was just a silent walk, or bike ride across Shibuya's city streets. Her presence was enough to dispense his negative emotions and give him the ability to solve any problem he faced.

She made him feel like he could conquer the world.

| 404 words |