𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚞𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚎 | 𝟸𝟺 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

24 June 2005

FRIDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 for [y/n], she snuck out of her bedroom through her window, carefully missing the large bushes' sharp branches. It was decided that [y/n] and Emma would meet up at their local convenience store to grab snacks, before heading towards their childhood play ground. 

It was almost passed 11:00pm when they arrived, the familiar pink slides and monkey bars coming into view. Both good and bad memories washed over [y/n] – the nostalgia of this place made her almost miss her childhood. 

Emma instantly headed towards the stairs up towards the slides, [y/n] following behind, taking seats opposite from each other. 

"Do you remember when you broke your arm?" [y/n] asks with an airy laugh while opening her iced tea, taking a sip. 

Emma copied her sentiments, a smile forming, "you were freaking out while Mikey just told you to 'calm down' as he carried me on his back," she states, reminiscing on that eventful day.

"You were screaming bloody murder – of course I was freaking out," [y/n] responded, opening up the sour gummy worms, with her brows raised. 

Emma hummed in response, taking a bite of a potato chip from the bag she just opened. 

"This is where we first met, as well," [y/n] states, looking at the entrance of the faded pink slide, "you, for some reason, were scared of going down the side – and me being impatient, kicked you down."

[y/n] laughed while finishing her recount, and although it wasn't the fondest memory for Emma, she laughed along as well.

Emma continued on with the story, glancing at the crawl tube that lead towards another slide, "I ended up telling on you – who was Mikey – and he confronted you in that crawl hole," she bites her lip, grimacing at the childish memory.

[y/n] shared her grimacing smile, "it's funny because he wasn't mad at me, he was more... impressed? Then he asked to be friends, which at the time I didn't put much thought into and agreed," [y/n] continues, remembering how Emma got upset because he befriended the kid who kicked her down the slide. 

"At first, I hated your guts – I remember actually pouring sand down your back that one time in the sand pit," Emma paused to laugh, heaving in heavy breathes at the lack of air, "but one day you bought a cookie as some sort of 'truce' and I accepted, although with hesitance."

"I wouldn't say hesitantly, you ate that shit so fast," [y/n] grins, and Emma only rolled her eyes. 

For a moment, there was a comfortable silence. Both girls shared between their snacks, the cool atmosphere of a clear night brought a feeling of sentimentality. 

"Hey, [y/n]?" Emma speaks out suddenly, causing [y/n] to raise a brow.

"Would you ever get married?" Emma asks, taking [y/n] aback by her unanticipated yet strange question. 

[y/n] thinks for a moment, scrunching up her face, "I'm not sure... I've never really thought about it that much. Perhaps if the right person came along... but we're kinda young to be thinking about that now; why do you ask?" [y/n] responds, giving Emma a quizzical look. 

"I had a dream about being a bride, and I wanted your thoughts about getting married," Emma responds, taking a sip of her canned coke, "if I had to get married, it would be to Draken,"

[y/n] was once again surprised, coughing on her spit, "I shouldn't say I'm shocked, but wow."

"What about you, [y/n], who would you marry," Emma asks, gazing at her while cocking her head to the side. 

[y/n] knew better, knowing that this was a trap. Ever since Emma told her not so very secret crush on Draken, she had been pestering her about her love life and interests. However, unlike Emma, [y/n] didn't see much value in dating – at least not yet. 

"I'd marry my iced tea," [y/n] states, taking another swig of her chilled beverage.

Her response was obviously not what Emma wanted, and she vocalised it through an aggressively loud groan.

"Not even Mikey?" Emma asks, making [y/n] give an exaggerated look of horror at her suggestion.

"I swear, I'll kick you down the slide again," [y/n] says with a glare, and Emma decided to back off with a defensive gesture with her hands. 

The duo fell back into a silence, causing [y/n] to wander back into her thoughts. Mikey had always been her closest friend – apart from Emma and Draken – and had only ever viewed and felt that way about him. But, Emma's question seemed to plant something, and it slowly began to infest her mind – making her feel weird inside, something unfamiliar and confusing. 

| 801 words |