Introduction

On April 25,2015, there was a case of missing teenagers in Squirrel Township.

    The missing persons are one is a women and another is a man, both are locals, both of whom are underage, studing together in a high school which is in the town.

    The night before the incident, on the night of April 24, the two went to a party at the home of their high school class mate Jerry Cates before disappearing inside the house. There were nine teenagers between the age of fifteen and seventeen, four adult seniors, thirteen in total, all from the same high  school.

     The owners of the house, Jerry Cates' parents, Mr. and Mrs. Cates, were not at home at the time. Mr. Cates is busy with business and has been in the South American branch for a long time. Mrs. Cates is a vocal artist and is currently on tour in Europe with the orchestra.

    The students left the Cates home one after another between the early hours of the next day and noon. The last to leave was a senior who left the house at 11:30 am on the 25th and rushed to the Squirrel Town Police Station with Jerry Cates to report the crime to the sheriff.

    The Cates home has security cameras. The cameras are located under the porch of the main entrance, at the height of the living room, at the corner platform of the stairs leading to the second floor, on the second floor corridor, in the kitchen on the first floor (the back door of the house can be seen), and at the height of the garden fence outside the back door. The cameras were working normally that day, and everyone's in and out pictures were captured.

    The two missing persons entered the door at 8:04 pm on the 24th, but there has been no picture of them walking out of the house since then.

    They were last seen on camera at 00:26 on the 25th. They were talking on the living room sofa when a student called them into the hallway. The corridor leads to the bathroom on the first floor, and there are no security cameras in this area. After that, the two never showed up again

     The student who called the two to get up was named Sean Temple, who was the senior who went to report the crime. In the follow-up investigation, Sean has repeatedly described the experience of the day to different investigators.

    On one occasion, he was taped, and his narration was this:

    "A door appeared outside the toilet in Jerry's house".

    "Behind the door was the toilet, but it wasn't the door to the toilet. I mean, the toilet door was fine, and it was a very old wooden door, kind of like a movie set, a circle of stone frames with an arch on it and the door itself.

    "It's on the wall in the hallway of Jerry's house, on the other side of the wall is supposed to be the toilet. It wasn't here a few minutes ago, and then somehow it appeared. I mean the door, not the toilet.

"Jerry said he doesn't have anything like that at his home, and he guessed that some one  brought the set props. At that time, I remembered that Ashley (the missing girl) was a member of the drama troupe, so I called her over and asked her if she had seen this thing. Ashley said she hadn't seen it, and she thought it was Jerry's prank".

    "The door didn't have a handle or anything, and we didn't even try to open it at first, because it was clinging there, and the toilet was on the other side, and of course we thought it was a fake door that was glued to the wall...but At that time, something happened...

    "Jerry leaned against the door panel while defending that the door was not his... The door actually moved. Jerry was leaning on the door,  and then the door  opened. Jerry nearly fell. At that time I thought, if he did fall, he would fall into his toilet...but it's not".

    "Behind the door is a room that none of us have ever seen. Neither has Jerry. It's dark inside, and there's a little platform at the door, and further down the platform are stone steps down. It's kind of like one of those underground storage room entrances. "

Jerry's house does have an underground storage room, but it's not there, it's not on that wall, and the other side of this wall is a toilet!"

    "We also deliberately went around the corner and went to the toilet to take a look. The toilet is still the same, there is nothing strange about it. The strange thing is the door".

    "We wandered in the corridor for a long time. Not everyone saw it, most of them were still playing, and some were asleep, just the four of us standing here. We were all at a loss and couldn't tell if it was fear or what... Then, Roy (ie the missing boy) came up with a bold idea, he wanted to get through this door and have a look, I don't think it's a good idea , but I didn't stop him too violently at the time either.

    "Roy was the first to get into the door, Ashley took his hand and followed him. He asked me if I was coming, and I said I was going to get my phone so I could take a picture of it all... etc. When I finally found my phone, Jerry ran out of the hallway and pulled me over in a panic... The door was gone".

    "I didn't know the time, so just made an estimate... Since I found this door The door, it should only be about ten minutes before Jerry said the door disappears... No, maybe more than ten minutes? I can't be sure either. Also, I started counting from seeing that door. Before the update, when I didn't see it, I don't know how long it existed.

    "I asked Jerry exactly how the door disappeared, and he said he didn't see it at all. He looked away from the door for a moment, then looked back, and the door was gone, as if it never existed.

    "Then we I searched the house up and down, and waited in the house until noon the next day. Roy and Ashley never showed up again. Roy had a cell phone, Ashley didn't, we called Roy and heard that the other party was not in the service area.

    "I didn't tell too many people about it, only my friend Joe (another senior who was involved in the report), he didn't really believe me, but still suggested we report it. Regardless of what happened to Roy and Ash, they disappeared, and didn't come back, didn't contact any of us. This is really what happened."

Sean's account is a bit wild, and the police double-checked whether he used certain drugs or not. He and his relatives and friends all denied the excessive drinking, and the local sheriff in Squirrel Town failed to arrange a drug test for him immediately.

    Another client, sixteen-year-old Jerry Cates, also admitted to seeing a door, but his testimony was somewhat vague.

    When facing the Sheriff of Squirrel Town, his narrative was basically the same as Sean's; a few days later, when the disappearance case began to attract more attention, he told the police that he was not sure what the situation was. Jerry 's original words were: "It's like what Sean said, maybe not. I don't remember too much."

    A few days later, when the state trooper asked Jerry if he had been drinking, he changed his mind and admitted that he had been drinking. , because I know my age is young, so I didn't admit it before.
___________________________________________

    One day more than ten days after the incident, Sean called Jerry and asked him why he suddenly changed his statement.

    Jerry answered pitifully, "Because I'm really not sure. It doesn't make sense to think about it."

    After hanging up on the landline, Jerry's cell phone rang.

    He happily picked up the phone: "Yes, I'm Jerry Cates. Are you guys on Deep Dive? Wow! I'm honored too! Really, I've been watching your shows since I was a kid... yes, Yes, I experienced that disappearance first hand, an old door appeared on the wall of my house. Yes, I saw it with my own eyes."

    The person on the other end of the phone asked, "You said in the email that you are not the first time. See this door?"

    Jerry answered affirmatively, "Yeah. It's not the first time I've seen it. There was a door like this in my house when I was very young."

___________________________________________