chapter 4

Jerry kneels on the sofa and peeks out at the car from the living room window.

    Sean kept asking "Who the hell is Laird?" Jerry had to tell the story of his stepbrother being sent away again. He never told his friends that he had a brother, after all, his parents wouldn't take the initiative to mention Laird to anyone.

    After listening, Sean looked at him with strange eyes, and said that everyone in his family was strange.

    Jerry asked him what he meant, and Sean said, "It's already obvious that your family completely ignored him, and that's why he became what he is now."

    "Which one?"

    "Just...you saw it just now. , that's it. Wearing black clothes and weird decorations. If someone like him knocks on my door, I'll definitely call the police."

    Jerry had long been a little embarrassed by his stepbrother, but luckily Laird wasn't in the squirrels. , others do not know that he is a member of the Cates family.

    Laird used to only come back once a year on Christmas Eve, and only Jerry and Cates had seen his eccentric dress and fetishes, but now it's better, not only Sean has seen him, but he will even appear on future TV shows ...

"I don't want to believe it, but I've been through really weird things," Jerry muttered, "you're weird too, you say you're sure you saw the door, but you're skeptical...then What do you think you saw? Alien abduction? Seriously, even aliens can be considered a kind of supernatural."

    "How dare you mention it! You clearly saw it as I did, but changed it for the sake of face. Confession, you said to the police..."

    Jerry hurried away from Sean, now that there were no violent adults in the house to protect him.

    "Okay, okay, can we put this on hold for now?" He shrank to the corner of the sofa, "It's all my fault, I'm timid and cowardly... But the point is not how I should reflect, but to find out the truth!"

    Xiao En glanced out the window: "How to check? By your brother or by "Deep Quest"?"

    "Of course it's 'Deep Quest'," Jerry stroked the show's logo on his T-shirt. "They have professional equipment, they can hire real psychics, and they can even visit the Vatican staff. You also Remember the tenth season of the show? They investigated a witchcraft sacrifice murder case in the 1970s. They communicated with the soul through Vegapan, and looked for clues from the results of the communication. It turned out that the events of the 1970s turned out to be the same as the contemporary ones. The serial killings are related, and the police got involved in the middle of the show, but their interviews and investigations continue..."

"Shh!" Suddenly, Sean made a gesture, interrupting Jerry's glowing recollections.

    "What?" Jerry lowered his voice cooperatively.

    "I think I heard something..." The

    two remained silent for a few seconds. Jerry heard nothing.

    "What did you hear?" he asked.

    Sean looked around in confusion: "I heard something running just now... You don't have a dog at home, right?"

    "Is it the dog outside?"

    "Then why can't you hear it?" The

    two of them I listened carefully for a while, but still nothing.

    Jerry asked, "Where did the sound you say come from?"

    Sean stood up, walked to the stairs, and pointed to the storage room under the stairs: "It seems that he ran along the wall and ran into it. "