Chapter 3

The moment he saw the guests, he stopped humming, and the smile on his face suddenly solidified.

    He threw away the thing in his hand in a very exaggerated manner, and tilted his head naively: "I'm not dreaming, right? Levi Karadzer?"

    Levi also stared at him in shock: "How could... how could it be? You? How could you be 'Laird'?"

Under the startled eyes of Jerry and Sean, Levi strode up to Laird, grabbed his arm, and dragged him out the door.

    While being dragged away, Laird waved to the two young men, and finally took the initiative to take the door.

    As soon as he turned around, he was pushed against the door by Levi.

    Levi lowered his voice: "What are you doing here?"

The  blond eccentric pointed to the wooden door behind him with a smile: "Dear old friend, let's go talk in your car. Now there are two curious teenagers behind me, they are trying to hold their breath and lie on the door eavesdropping."

There was a small voice behind the door, and it was Jerry who stepped back and bumped into Sean.

    Levi frowned and got into the car on the side of the road with "Laird".

    At the Cates house just now, Levi couldn't help but imagine what "Laird" would look like. Although this imagination was short-lived and fragmented, it was enough to piece together a vivid image:   a squirrel stunned a man. Mr. Cates, he and his wife had a boy named Laird. Before the boy grew up, he had experienced the blow of his parents' divorce and his mother's death. His father soon met a new love and had another child. From then on, the little boy Laird was the most redundant person in the family.

One day, a mysterious incident happened in his family's house, and he encountered some unknown horror in the incident... He was greatly stimulated, but no one believed him, and even more sadly, his father and stepmother Not only did he not accompany and support him, he also sent him directly to a mental hospital.

    Later, he grew up and regained some sanity, and even if he had been discharged from the hospital and gained his freedom, he could not return to this home again...

    There is no trace of him in the home at all. Without his room, without his picture, acquaintances in the Cates family had forgotten him, his stepbrother's childhood playmates had never heard of him, and even the missing puppy had more status than him.

    How bitter, so bitter, it's just a little pitiful.

    Roughly speaking, this poor little one is just entering the age of society. But can he really go to school or work? Can he really live a normal life?

    Levi sat in the driver's seat, and the blond young man suspected of "Laird" was in the back seat, smiling at him through the rearview mirror.

Levi took off his hat and wiped his face. His guess was right... Laird was indeed in his twenties, he had neither attended college nor had a serious job, and he was indeed not an ordinary person...

    As far as he knew, this person was not called "Laird. Katz", but called himself "Master Hopkins" (which Levi knew, of course, wasn't his real name), and claimed to be a psychic, exorcist, witchcraft historian, freelance writer, explorer, occultist Researcher (Levy certainly doesn't believe it).

    The reason Levy remembers the list of names so firmly is that Hopkins gave him business cards and always emailed him, and every business card and every email had this list of names on it.