Chapter 4 Movies and Mourning

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen." Dani sighed dramatically.

"I dropped a candy bar stop being dramatic," Jason said as he bent down to clean up the sticky mess.

"But I thought that was one of the things you love about me."

"Yeah, it is, which is kinda the problem."

"Did you just openly flirt with me?"

"What? We aren't together but you know how I feel now so I don't see why I can't flirt a little." Jason gave her a challenging look. "Besides I like the look on your face when I do."

Dani rolled her eyes trying to hide the slight tint that she could feel filling her cheeks. Dani felt an arm wrap around her.

"Is my son teasing you again?" Comfort instantly filled Dani at the voice.

"Why yes, Molly he is," Dani said looking slightly up at Molly Andrews' face. Jason's mother had been a constant in her life almost as much as Jason or Hal. Jewels and Molly had bonded over their shared single motherdom when Dani had come into the picture. That paired with the fact that their children had become neer inseparable from the first moment they had met had done a lot to bring them together. Molly had become Jewels' confidant and vice versa.

"You two fight like an old married couple you know that?" Molly said giving Dani a little squeeze silently telling her she was joking.

Molly was one of those rare people that just exuded comfort, something that she had passed on to her son to a certain degree. It was clear she had passed a lot down to Jason. That had gotten clearer the older Jason got. The only thing they didn't share was their eyes though they were the same colour they were totally different shapes. Molly's wide sparkling eyes were almond-shaped while Jason's were more hooded and slightly more squinted just enough to make it look like he had a sort of smile to them. Jason had a red tint to his hair something he had definitely gotten from his father. Dani had only met the man a handful of times until Jason had decided enough was enough and he didn't want him in his life anymore. Jason changed his last name to his mother's maiden name not long after.

"Is your uncle coming back at some point?" Molly asked.

"I think Hal told him six so he should be back soon." Dani looked down at her watch.

"You two seem to be getting along well. Jason's told me some stuff but how is everything going?"

"It's good. He's being really patient with me which I appreciate. He took me to a Broadway show in New York a few weeks ago." Dani beamed. "It was so cool."

"Yeah, I had to hear her going on about it for hours when she got back," Jason added. Dani punched his arm playfully.

"Shut up."

"Well he's clearly learned something about you then hasn't he?" Molly said smiling.

"Yeah. Some of his close friends-well more like family want to meet me. I keep putting it off."

"Why?"

"Well, what if they don't like me."

"Why wouldn't they like you, sweetheart?"

"I dono." Dani shrugged.

The conversation was cut short when the bell above the door tinkled. Sam stepped back into the diner. A paper bag was tucked under his arm. His brother's dog skittered past his legs and practically tackled Dani to the ground.

"Hey, bub!" Dani gasped excitedly.

"I hope it's alright I brought him in here Hal. He's just been locked up in Dani's apartment for a lot of the day." Sam asked.

"All good, Sam." The old man replied. "You're just in time for the real party to start."

Molly made her way over to Sam while the two twenty-one-year-olds played with the dog.

"So you're Mr Winchester then uh? I'm Molly we didn't get to talk earlier I'm Jason's mom." She held out a hand. Sam shifted the bag in his arms and grasped it.

"Oh, Molly yeah Dani's told me a lot about you."

"Really." She beamed. "Well, I am downright flattered." She had almost the same southern drawl that her father did, only hers was slightly watered down.

Sam placed the paper bag down on the table. It clinked a little as he did so.

"So I got a surprise for you all that I found in my attic a week ago," Hal announced after fiddling with the TV above the bar. "Jason helped me put it all into one video."