Chapter 14 Creepy 2005 Furbys

"Yeah Hal, they're operating on her now. Yeah...Yeah, the moment she's out...Okay, take care of your selves...Yeah bye." Sam hung up the phone.

They had rushed Dani into surgery twenty minutes ago and they had wanted to check Dean over. Which left Sam on his own to worry. He had already called Cas to let him know he had found both of them. He was on his way but it would take him at least a day or two to get to them.

He slumped down in one of the chairs in the waiting area. Now that everything was dying down the adrenaline was starting to wear off leaving behind emotional exhaustion and nervous energy that he didn't know what to do with.

The door to the waiting room opened about ten minutes later. Dean poked his head around the door scanning the room to find no one there but his brother. He dropped down into the seat next to him. Silence fell between them.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, they just treated me for dehydration and gave me that saline drip thingy." Dean gestured to the inside crook of his elbow where a circular patch sat against his skin.

"That's not what I meant."

Dean fell silent. The clock on the wall seemed deafening. Tick, tick, tick.

"When's she going to be out of the op?" Dean asked.

"They don't know, they need to assess the damage," Sam said straightening a little. "Cas said he'd be here in a day or two though so he can heal her fully then."

Dean's head snapped in Sam's direction.

"Cas?! He's alive?!"

"Yeah. Jack sent him back when they couldn't find you in heaven."

Something lit up in Dean's eyes. He beamed.

"He's alive." Dean seemed to say it more to himself than to Sam but still, Sam replied again with the affirmative. Dean sat in that happiness for about a minute before his thoughts shifted to the girl he now knew was his daughter. Sam notices the shift.

"Where's her mother?" Dean asked.

"Her adoptive one died on a hunt. Her biological one, we have no idea she abandoned her when she was too young to remember."

Once the questions started flowing they didn't stop. Sam spent the next two hours answering every question Dean had and recounting stories from the last year with his niece. He would find himself laughing at small things that he remembered her doing. Like the face, she pulled when he offered her a taste of his beer once. She handed it back to him and said "See that's why I don't drink." Or just times in the impala when they had been cruising down the highway and ended up laughing hysterically over stupid little things that in hindsight weren't all that funny but they had laughed until their abs ached. He recalled some of the lower points too when Sam's depression had almost swallowed him and all she had done was sit with him so he knew he wasn't alone. He remembered when he had held her that night on the anniversary of her mom's death.

He didn't realise how long he had been talking until a doctor came in through the waiting room door.

"Are you Daniella Taylor's family?" The doctor asked.

"Yes I'm her Uncle," Sam said getting to his feet.

The doctor's eyes shifted to Dean who stood awkwardly.

"Um...father." He said unsurely.

"Right well." The doctor cleared his throat. "The surgery went well, we had to repair part of her large intestine that had been punctured when she was stabbed so we'll have to keep her under close observation for the next few days to make sure there aren't any problems with her digestive system but other than that we expect her to recover fairly quickly."

Sam sighed with relief, his shoulders finally relaxing for the first time in about a week.

"When can we see her?" He asked impatiently.

"She should be waking up in a bit. We'll get her settled in a recovery room then a nurse will come and get you."

☆═━┈┈━═☆

The haze of the anaesthesia started to lift from Dani's body. She heard sounds before anything else. First was the beeping of the machines monitoring her vitals. It felt louder than it should at first, her brain couldn't seem to filter it out. The harsh Bip...bip...bip stabbed at her skull. Then she could hear voices they sounded faint like someone was talking from a long way away. The more she focused on them the clearer they got. She could just make out what was being said.

"These are all her rings?" The gruffer one of the two asked. She could hear a crinkling accompanying the question.

"Yeah." The other she recognised as Sam answered.

"She wears a lot of em."

"Yeah, they're made of iron."

"What?" Now she recognised the second voice as Dean. So it wasn't a dream then.

"Yeah, honestly I don't know why we didn't think of that. You should have seen my face on the first ghost hunt together when she straight-up decked it."

Dani managed to lift her heavy eyelids. She drew in a deep breath to properly expand her lungs for what felt like the first time in ages. Her body ached but it was dulled by all the pain meds that had been pumped into her.

"It was really funny. I wish I'd had a camara." Dani said her voice scratchy from lack of use. This drew the brother's attention. When she looked at them she found the source of the rustling earlier, it was a small ziplock back in Dean's hand that was full of about five rings. They must have taken them off her for surgery.

Sam practically lept from his seat to Dani's bedside.

"Hey, Dans. How you feelin'?" He asked pressing his hand to her forehead that slid back to card through her knotted curls.

"Like I just had a really weird dream." She mumbled.

"Oh yeah? What about?"

"Those creepy 2005 Furbys...you know the ones with the latex lips." Dani made an uncoordinated gesture with her hand that was vaguely reminiscent of a duck quacking.

"Oh yeah." Sam chortled.

"Yeah, they were everywhere. And they were singing that song. I sware if anything is a cursed object it's those things. I can't believe I used to have one of those." She let out a laugh that morphed into a groan. Her hand came up to clasp her side. "Ow." She groaned pitifully.

"Yeah just take it easy."

Dean watched on not really sure what to do with himself. He froze when the girl's eyes drifted past her uncle and landed on him. His eyes blew wide for a moment before he cleared his throat.

"I'm gonna go get some coffee." He murmured before dashing for the door.

AN: Hey all hope you like this part I know it's short. I'll try to make the next one longer.

Write again soon

Meg❤️💋💙