Chapter 12 "I'll figure out a way to punch you."

"Dani, What did she mean by that? What do you know?" Dean wrapped on the wall of his cell. The girl had gone quiet after the interaction with their capture. He sighed leaning against the wall.

"At least tell me if you're alright, sounded like you hit that wall pretty hard?" Still no reply.

 "Come on kid talk to me." He worried that she had passed out. "Dani!" Dean called thumping the wall a few times.

"I'm fine!" She hissed shortly. "I've had worse. I'm fine."

Whatever she had figured out it had concerned her more than being locked up seemed to have. What could they possibly have in common that could have made her react like this? What could Hestia want as a "Set"? What did he know about Hestia? Basically nothing. Damn it! If only Sam was here, the dude was a feckin' Encylopedia. He had far too many questions and not enough answers. 

Dean scratched at his beard. God he wished he could feel clean. He hadn't felt clean from the moment he came back. He could say that he had dug himself out of his own grave twice now and it was not something he wanted to do again. He had thought that this death would have been the last, but apparently the goddess Hestia had other plans. How a long-forgotten god had had enough juice to bring someone back from the dead he didn't know. Just another question to add to the list of things he didn't know.

"Shit." Dani hissed pulling him from his thoughts.

Oh, another question to the list. Who the hell this kid was?

"You okay?" He asked.

"If you keep asking me that I'll figure out a way to punch you."

He scoffed at the comment. She had a fire in her voice that he liked. 

"Well if you do that you'll have probably fingered a way out of here so go right ahead." He tried to offer it a little more cheerfully in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"S'what I'm trying to do." She said her voice sounding strained.

"Is there anyone that'll be looking for you?"

She hesitated. A great thundering rung through their prison that instantly set Dean on edge. If he didn't know any better he'd have said it was the sound of gunfire.

"Dani! Get away from the door." Dean called.

He pressed his back to the wall by the door. He pried the door panel open just enough to be able to see through to the hallway. A few more gunshots rang out, then silence that drifted on for far too long before the door to the hallway sprung open. Relief and elation hit Dean like a truck as his brother Sam stepped through the door. His gun was raised his face focused.

"Dani!" Sam called.

Okay, not the name he was expecting him to call.

"Sam!" Dani called. He could hear her banging on her door. Sam's head whipped in the direction of the cells.

"Dani!" He rushed over to her cell sliding back the panel. "You okay?"

How the hell did Sam this kid? What the hell had he missed? He'd stowed those questions for later. He'd ask them again when they were out of this shit hole.

"Yeah, I'm fine just get us out of here." Sam's eyes slid over to Dean's cell now locking eyes with him.

"Hey, Sammy," Dean said in a way that meant far more than just the two words he had uttered.

Sam stared at him, wide-eyed.

"Dean." Tears welled up in his brother's eyes.

Sam's eyes flicked back to Dani. "Let's get you guys out of here," Sam said. 

He stepped back, raising his gun. 

"Daniella step back." 

She must have done what she was told because Sam fired breaking the lock. The metal door creaked as Sam hauled it open. Dani threw her arms around Sam's shoulders. When she pulled away Sam handed her a gun, one that looked very familiar. "Keep alert I don't think I got all of them."

Sam moved to Dean's door next.

"Man am I glad to see you, Sammy."