'ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ,

The morning after, I woke up in a surprisingly good mood. I visited Neil and Todd who had now made a makeshift bed in the middle of the room from their mattresses and blankets to share, to be closer. Todd greeted me, a little shy at the revelation, he allowed Neil to lay in his slumber a while longer.

I excused myself, giving them the privacy Todd was too shy to openly ask for. Neil wouldn't take kindly to waking up first thing in the morning with his lover in his arm and his sister in the room.

I hesitated outside Charlie's door. I made sure to wake up early just so I'd get to wish him luck for his tournament. Cameron would no doubt be awake, being a part of the event as well. Making up excuses wasn't my strongest suit.

The door opened before I could ponder any longer. I shifted to the side with a gasp, letting the person in front of me get out in a hurry. Cameron paused when he saw me, he smiled but his eyes expressed his confusion.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck," I smiled back, giving him a quick hug. "So, good luck!"

He looked almost concerned, "Thank you, Della. You shouldn't have bothered, nobody cares about this."

I shrugged, feeling embarrassed. What was I thinking? A faint memory came back to me at that moment. Back at the cave, where he had confessed he had no friends, and I'd promised to be one.

"I care."

My simple sentence brought a current of joy to the boy. He hugged me again and nodded, mumbling thank-yous repeatedly. I felt a pang of sympathy for him, how lonely must you be to be so joyful at the simplest of affection?

I made a mental note to make more efforts to be his true friend; the one thing that everyone needs.

"Are you coming down?" He started to walk away, anxious to get to the scene.

"Oh no, I'll be down in a minute," I bit the inside of my cheek, "I have to get something from my room."

He nodded, then left with a parting smile. As he turned the corner, I slipped into the creak of his dorm, where I found Charlie.

Specifically, a half-naked Charlie. I let out something akin to a gasp and a squeak, turning back to the door.

"I'm so sorry, I was just–"

"You're here!" He exclaimed, enveloping me in an embrace. "Relax, darling, it's not like you haven't seen it before."

I slapped his arm lightly in response. His scent filled my senses, making me dizzy with an emotion I couldn't place.

I turned around, he didn't make any moves to remove his arms from around me. Instead, as soon as I turned, he boxed me in from both sides.

"I missed you," He whispered, leaning in and holding my neck from behind, bringing me forward into a kiss.

"We saw each other just last night," I hushed, my fingers twitching to touch his bare chest, while I forced myself to keep my restraint.

"Mm, and that's way too long."

He took my hand and placed it on his chest, warm and slightly wet. I wandered down his stomach, pausing at his hip. I could feel him starting to get excited and I broke the kiss.

"You have a match," I turned away and he brought his arms back to his side with a sigh. "Don't be grumpy, we have plenty of time later."

In a flash, his devious grin was back in place, "Is that a promise?"

I kissed him again, slowly but deeply, "You win, then you claim your prize, Dalton."

He let out a low moan on my lips, pulling himself away the next moment with a chuckle.