Takeaways pt.10 (special)

From the movie The Lion King

Lesson #1: Stop worrying

Probably one of the most important lessons out of the film and vital to apply to your daily life.

Stop worrying.

Sometimes things happen and they aren't always good, but you can't do anything about it. So, why bother worrying? Let those worries disappear and focus on the present and stay positive.

Lesson #2: Trust wisely

Choose who you trust wisely. Sometimes it's the people who we are most closest to that hurt us the most. Don't let your guard down too quickly.

And most importantly, don't always believe what people have to say.

Instead, believe what you see.

Lesson #3: You must forgive yourself

In The Lion King, Simba lives his entire life feeling sorry for himself and constantly blames himself for the death of his father.

Well, first of all, it wasn't his fault and secondly, feeling sorry for yourself won't fix a single thing.

If you are still holding onto a past mistake, you're doing yourself no good.

What's happened in the past, is in the past.

As Pumba says, "you got to put your behind in your past."

Lesson #4: Avoid Hyenas

Okay, let's be honest – I don't literally mean hyenas.

More so, the negative people in your life. Those that constantly lie, enjoy putting people down, stealing your positive vibes, jealousy etc.

You get the point.

Those types of people will never do you any good. Avoid negative energy.

Instead, think about the people that bring you up, challenge you and make you a better person overall.

Those are the people you need to surround yourself with.

Lesson #5: Running away doesn't solve your problems

Just like in the film, Simba spends most of his life living in fear.

He's scared.

He's never wanted to forgive himself and was too scared to go back and challenge Scar. However, once he did, he admits what he thought he had done. He challenges Scar and ends up victorious.

That scene right there just proves that running away won't solve any of your problems.

In fact, it will make you upset even more.

So, don't suppress it, hide it or lie to people.

Instead, resolve them appropriately.

Lesson #6: True friends will always be by your side

No matter how much time you spend apart, a true friend will always be by your side. If they are meant to be in your life, you shouldn't have to fight for them to stay.

A lot of people in your life will come and go, but the true friends will stick by your side no matter what situations you encounter. They often forgive you for your mistakes and accept your flaws.

Those are your true friends.

Lesson 7: Change is hard, but it's good for us

Many people don't like changes to their routine, mostly because it requires some hard work and they aren't always 'comfortable' changes.

However, can bring out the best in us.

Stepping out of your comfort zone will offer you so many opportunities you currently aren't seeing. It's tough, but it's good.

That's all for now. If you're ever feeling down and worrying, just remember:

Hakuna Matata! – there are no troubles!