rewritten, redefined.

Ten years later

"Gojo-sensei!"

The trio arrived on the scene just in time to see their teacher get slammed against a concrete wall so hard that it shattered like glass. Gojo himself was intact though, and in fact, the wide grin on his face made him seem as though he was enjoying himself.

With rubble spilling from the barrier that engulfed his body, he hopped to his feet and greeted his students with a friendly wave.

"Right on time! Nice to catch you three here."

Suddenly, the ground to his left erupted, chunks of broken asphalt and a massive steel beam hurtled towards him, aiming to snap his lean body in half, but Gojo melted it with a powerful blast of red plasma.

Though, the explosion was then swallowed by a rippling black subspace and redirected in his face.

With amazed eyes and a dropped jaw, Yuji watched his teacher take the blow without even a bat of his eyelashes. His blindfold was gone, a sign of his commitment to the battle, and his grin was near manic as he sparred with his invisible foe.

"C'mon, is that the best you can do?" He taunted the thing in the domain.

The trio of Tokyo first years had been assigned to assist their teacher in apprehending a powerful special grade curse. It would be a test, a race really, to see who could deal the killing blow first.

As for their competitors...

In the centre of the abandoned construction site, the black dome crumbled away to reveal a pair of young women standing side by side with their weapons drawn. They were both tall and dark-haired like their sisters, and had adopted the infamous shit-eating grin of the boys who raised them.

"Satoru~ you haven't lost your edge have you?" Kiyoko snapped the whip in her hands and blinked at him innocently. Even from a distance, one could easily tell she was blind, her eyes ruined by a deep scar that ran through the upper half of her face.

Yet, despite knowing that she couldn't see, it didn't make her seem any less intimidating. They all carried a certain aura, sorcerers of the special grade class, it was like their bodies were too small to contain the overwhelming capacity of their power so it oozed from them like blood from an open wound.

Hanako opened her palm to reveal an iron coin composed of pure cursed energy, the heart of the defeated curse.

"If you want it," She tossed it up in the air so that it caught the light, and snapped it up with a serene smile. "Come and get it."

"Aihara Hanako and Sasano Kiyoko." Gojo spoke to his students, cool and casual with his back turned to the pair. "Your mission is to steal the coin from them. Think of it as a game instead of an assessment, it'll be fun!"

"SATORUU!!!!!" Hanako suddenly yelled, her voice all whiny like a child's. "DON'T IGNORE US!!"

"Sorry! You wanna repeat what you just said?!" He called over his shoulder, sounding not at all apologetic.

The brunette stomped her foot and huffed loudly, clearly displeased by his attitude. Kiyoko sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. Not that she was surprised to see that Gojo Satoru's arrogance remained strong in adulthood but that didn't make it any less irritating, and judging the expression on the raven-haired boy's face, Kiyoko wasn't the only one who thought so. Her borrowed Six Eyes flooded her mind with information, mapping out the terrain like a 3D holographic model. She studied the three students carefully, squashing down the warm smile that threatened to blow their ruse.

Itadori Yuji, Kugisaki Nobara, and Fushiguro Megumi. The last time Kiyoko encountered them, they were but children still learning their letters. Time seemed to pass quicker the older she got and it filled her with nostalgia.