02|| HER KING AND QUEEN

Dedicated To all the voters.

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯Mira [ME- RAA]⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯
Mira [ME- RAA]
⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

Life isn't always how we want it to be or what we expect it to be. One minute you are in heaven and then the very next minute you are in hell. Sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you get what you don't want or get what you least expected. But one thing is for sure that whatever happens, it is always for a reason. Well at least that's what my dad used to say.

Two weeks ago when they, my parents, forced me to move to India. I took my dad's advice and thought everything would be okay, however, I failed to realize that when someone says everything, they mean both the good and the bad not just the good.

After coming to the house I thought I would get some sleep, and then go report to the hospital. However, that little plan of mine went down the drain when I discovered Mr. and Mrs. Shah, along with their family, waiting at the entrance of Shah Nivaas to welcome me, acting as if they never ghosted me at the airport.

As soon as I stepped inside the house, they all came towards me with their fake smiles and affection, inquiring about my trip and my life back in New York.

Only a fool would believe that all this affection is genuine.

Mr. and Mrs. Shah were dressed in there unusual extravagant clothes. Mrs. Shah had a pair of heavy gold earrings dangling from her stretched ears. There was a huge red chaulo in between her paper thin eyebrows, and heavy eye makeup surrounded her mean, dark eyes.

[Bindi. Red dot, or a similar jewelry that generally Hindu's put on their forehead, in this case women]

Mr. Shah had on his usual kurta pajama, but this time around he was wearing all these different gold chains around his neck.

Even their kids looked nothing less than clowns.

There were six of them in total, but I was only excited to see two people. I spotted one of them towards the end of the group, waiting patiently for everyone else to be done with their fake love and care. She was dressed in her usual short sleeved blouse and simple saree, draped in siddha pallu style. Her dark brown hair was oiled and parted in the middle with a low bun in the back. Two gold earrings adored her stretched ears and a matching gold chain wrapped around her wrinkled neck. There was a small red chaulo in between her eyebrows, and a small gold chooni on her nose. Two red and gold bangadiyo laid on her tan hands and a big, beautiful smile graced her wrinkled face.