01|| HIM + HER

Warning: Short Chapter Ahead

Next time I will try to make the chapter longer.

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

"Is the job done, Pandey?" the man in a dark green suit asked his subordinate as he strolled out of the airport while scrolling through his phone. His midnight black hair was sleeked back and parted on the side. He had on a black shirt inside his suit. The first three buttons of his shirt were left open, giving a glimpse of his waxed chest, making the passer-by's go gaga over him. The rest of his shirt was tucked into his pants.

"Yes, boss." the subordinate Pandey said as he tried to match his boss's long steps.

"Good, what did they say?" the man in green asked impatiently.

"It took a while and quite a substantial amount of convincing, but in the end they agreed" Pandey replied swiftly, and emphasized the words quite a substantial amount.

"How much? " the man in green asked with a smirk. He knew, he found the weakness. Now, no one can stop him from getting what is his.

"10 crore boss" Pandey replied.

"Tsk. Tsk - So Cheap" was all his boss said with a smirk as he took off his sunglasses, and slid into the leather seats in the back of his 2023 Audi A6.

"Where to sir?" the driver asked.

"To the firm" Pandey replied as his boss scrolled through his iPad, looking at the next case.

Meanwhile, inside the airport stood a young female. Unlike the majority of women in there, this female in particular stood out among the rest. Her long brown-black hair cascade down her back, and her crystal blue eyes and dark olive skin glistened like the ocean during golden hour.

She was wearing a plain, nude oversized shirt and nude biker shorts with white sneakers and long socks.

She was holding on to a white suitcase as if her life depended on it, and was frantically looking here and there. Her other hand was clinching a blue iPhone 14 pro max, and her soft pink lips trembled as she talked to someone through her airpod pros.

"Are you guys at the airport yet?" she anxiously asked, even though she very well knew the answer.

"The airport?" a man on the other end questioned.

That was sufficient of an answer for her.

She hung up on the call after asking for an address, and briskly walked out to catch a taxi before it got too dark outside.

The girl count not help, but think about the events that led to this day.

If two weeks ago, someone had told her that she would be sitting in a taxi, in Mumbai of all places. She would have straight up laughed in their face and called them crazy.

However, here she was sitting in a taxi, in Mumbai. Her life two weeks ago, and her life now seemed like two different life times. Two weeks ago she was happy, that she passed her boards. and right now, she wished she had not passed her boards. Then at least, she would have been in her house with her favorite person, instead of a foreign land, with people who did not give two flying fucks about her.

She cursed the very moment she decided to call the people, in Mumbai. She wished, she had kept her good news to only herself and her best friend. She wished she had not called the people  in Mumbai. She wished, she had the courage to say no to them. She wished ----------.

"Madam ji, hum pahunch gae" the taxi driver's voice abruptly pulled her out of her thoughts. She didn't understand what the man said, but by looking at her surroundings she realized that they had reached her destination. She pulled out a 1000 rupee bill before heading towards the gate of her destination.

Unaware of the storm that was waiting to ruin her life, more than it was already ruined.

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

OUTFITS

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

QUESTION OF THE DAY (QOTD)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY?

⎯⎯⎯☀︎☽☾☀︎⎯⎯⎯

Hope you guys liked the chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

For aesthetics and edits, please do check out my instagram @polarbearontherun.

Lots of Love,
Dhruvi