Once Upon a Dream

BOOK ONE — ONCE UPON A DREAM
(Chronicles of Narnia Fanfiction)

BOOK ONE  — ONCE UPON A DREAM(Chronicles of Narnia Fanfiction)

EXTENDED SUMMARY

On the eve of princess Aurora's birth, the white witch overthrows Stephan and Dorea, the rightful rulers of Narnia. Jadis declares herself queen and unleashes an eternal winter on the land. As a punishment for their insubordination, Jadis curses princess Aurora to die on her sixteenth birthday.

Terrified for their daughter's safety, the exiled queen and king beg faeries Flora, Fauna and Merryweather to use their powers to save their baby girl. Faerie magic is not as powerful as Jadis's , so the faeries instead curse the princess to sleep and only awaken with a true love's kiss. Upset, Dorea sends the princess  and her three fairy godmothers through a magical wardrobe, hoping that her daughter might be able to escape the curse in a world without magic.

Years later, sixteen year old Rory Browning is working as a maid at Diggory Kirke's mansion with her eccentric aunts. Rory is pretty satisfied with her life: witty banters with her aunts, interesting lessons with the professor, a music room available for her use, and a steady job to help her aunts. Sure, who cares if she had weirdly cryptic dreams every night? True, Mrs. Macready likes to remind her how much of a pain in the arse she is. Also, Rory knows nothing about her parents or her past, her aunts being very tightlipped about it. But who cares about that, right? She was taught to be grateful and the last thing she wants to do is bother her Aunts. So, Rory settles for a life of stange dreams , music and unspoken thoughts.

Her entire life is shaken with the arrival of the Pevensie siblings to her home: Lucy, an excited little sister, someone Rory can teach music and protect. Edmund , her new verbal sparring partner, someone to trade wit without offense. But there's something about Peter , the oldest, that completely different. Like a long lost song you still know all of its words or a fleeting thought at night you can't recall early in the morning. It's wonderful, magical, honest and oh so familar. Neither of them had an idea that something so beautiful and sincere was about to become one of the greatest love stories known through realms.

Cast