Fifteen years later...sort of

Narnia was beautiful during autumn

Narnia was beautiful during autumn. The weak sun illuminated all the trees and its leaves which were painted golden, orange or red. The weather was just absolutely perfect, chilly and windy but just enough sun for it to feel warm. Appropriate to spend the entire day outside enjoying the wonders of nature, and the royal Narnian family was no exception.

The Royal family had heard rumors of the White Stag, a magical creature that when catched but spared could make your wishes come true. Peter and Edmund jumped at the chance for a hunt and the older sibling quickly roped his wife to join him. Lucy, not wanting to be left behind, asked to join the party. Susan had to be talked into it, she had only agreed on the possibility of wish granting.

They had prepared the horses and left the castle early in the morning after a hearty breakfast. It had been two hours since their hunting party began and they still hadn't managed to catch a glimpse of their prey.

They all had their reasons for wanting to find the White Stag. Funny thing is, they no longer knew each other well enough to know what they would wish for if given the chance. The only exceptions were Peter and Rory, who had only grown closer together after years of courtship and eventual marriage.

It was intriguing for all of them. They had all the riches in the world. A position of power. People that adored them. A happy though little distanced family. What else could they possibly want?

"What would you wish for?" Edmund asked, breaking the hunting party's silence, "You know, when we find the stag."

"We are not supposed to say our wishes, Ed," Lucy rolled her eyes,"Unless we don't want them to come true."

"That only applies to birthday wishes!" Edmund exclaimed in his defense.

"Not true! It's the same for Midsummers eve!" Lucy giggled, "All wishes have to be secret to come true."

"I hate to agree with Edmund," Susan interrupted and the brunette boy in question playfully yelped outraged, "But not all wishes have to be secrets. Remember Jazmin 's lamp?"

"Ha!" Edmund yelled in triumph, "So now that we established that, what would you all wish for?"

"Better not to jinx it," Rory commented quietly, "We don't know how the White stag's wishes work."

The younger Pevensies quieted down after that and rode forward leaving behind the married couple.  For the past year, Rory's health had declined. She was thinner and had dark circles under her eyes. What was most distressing for all, especially to Peter, was her quietness. No longer  one to joke around, she had retreated to her shell in worry.  It all started when Flora, Fauna and Merryweather had disappeared a couple of months ago. The faeries left Cair Paravel one morning to investigate some disturbances in Lantern Waste only to never return again. Rory was inconsolable.

Peter who hated seeing his wife upset had sent different scouts all through the area but they were all unsuccessful. After two months, the council decreed that the search was too costly for the kingdom and called it off.  At first Rory seemed to take it with stride but after Rory miscarried a month after the disappearance of her aunts, she never quite recovered. Nowadays she mostly stayed in their shared chambers and occasionally went to council meetings, those who were not too tiring or demanding.