Running should be a mandatory class

Rory cursed her past self under her breath

Rory cursed her past self under her breath. When the professor had asked her if she wanted to take sports as a part of her lesson's, Rory had turned it down. She was a musical spirit;  artistic people are by definition terrible at sports and Rory was no exception. Professor Kirke offered her track lessons, lacrosse anything but Rory had pleaded for piano lessons.

Now as she was running through the woods out of breath, out of shape and out runned by a beaver of all creatures,  Rory was beginning to regret all her life choices. 

"Hurry!" Peter called.

Rory finally catched up at the top of the hill.  From the distance, she could see Edmund opening the Witch's castle gates.  The gates closed with a loud shut that could be heard even from where they were standing.

" Edmund!" Lucy shouted desperately.

"Shh! They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver warned.

As mentioned before, Peter is a person that lets his emotions rule him so it was no surprise that Peter started running towards the witch's castle ready to protect his younger brother. Mr. Beaver grabbed him by the coat but Peter shook him off easily.  The blonde continued walking determinedly towards the castle until the small Beaver tacked him onto the ground. Any other day, it would have been an amusing sight, but right now the whole scene radiated desperation.

" Get off me!" Peter demanded.

"You're playing into her hands," Mr. Beaver hissed.

"We just can't let him go!" Susan exclaimed outraged.

"He's our brother!" Lucy cried

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all four of ya!"

Those words seemed to resonate on Peter  and he finally stopped struggling against Mr. Beaver. Mr. Beaver stepped away allowing Peter to stand up again.

"Why?" The blonde asked.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true! To kill ya!" Mr. Beaver pointed out.

The four children stared at each other horrified. Peter gulped quite loudly. His baby brother. The one he had looked after. The one he constantly quarreled with was now in the hands of a murderous witch and he had no control over it.

" This is all your fault," Susan

"My fault?" Peter asked, shocked.  Sure he had been thinking about it but he didn't need confirmation from his sister.

" None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" Susan insisted angrily. 

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Peter snarled.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we still could! ,"  Susan ranted furiously, and then turned to face Rory with an accusing finger. "You were just trying to impress a pretty girl!"