๑ 𝟑 ๑

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

𝕐 /
═════

Then I punched him," I say with a sense of triumph.

"You punched him?" Fiona questions.

"I punched him," I repeat proudly.

Several days have passed since the incident at the cafe. Patrick said I should stay at home and take a few days off for myself. Of course, I rejected his suggestion because I needed the money. But he offered to pay me for those days. So it's a win-win.

With a bag of popcorn in hand, Evan enters the living room. "What if he really wanted to hire someone to assist him? Like a secretary?" he asks.

"No one walks into a random shop and advertises for a job like that," Winter protests as she reaches up to steal his food.

"How did he dress?" Evan inquires, dismissing Winter's snide remarks.

I recall his clothing. "Like a successful businessman."

"There you go," Evan says. "Businessmen are socially inept. He seemed to be telling the truth, in my opinion."

"You haven't even met the guy," I point out, dismissing his erroneous observation.

"I don't have to," he says, shrugging. "Perhaps he'll return."

"I hope not," I mumble as I switch on the television. "Shall I play My Fake Prince Charming?"

"Sure," Winter says, smiling. "I'll go get some ice cream."

I take Evan's advice with a grain of salt. What does it matter if he's a businessman? That doesn't excuse the man's obvious stupidity and lack of human logic. Who walks into a random cafe and demands a personal assistant?

═ ∘♡∘ ═

A week has passed and the strange businessman hasn't returned. But that's to be expected after Susie chased him outside the cafe and down the block. For being seven months pregnant, she's still quite agile.

"Bye Winter! Bye Y/n," Yuri waves "I'm off now."

"No ride home?" I frown.

"That's what public transportation is for," he laughs.

As he walks away, I throw a napkin at him. "I hate you!"

"I love you too," he chuckles. The simple phrase causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach. I know he doesn't mean it that way, but hearing him say it romantically wouldn't hurt.

"Watching you two makes me sick," Fiona sighs as she flips through her textbook. "Just tell him you like him already."

"Shut up," I quickly say, hoping no one heard her. "You don't even know what you're talking about."