๑ 𝟔 ๑

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

𝕃 𝕆 𝕀 𝔻
═════

To my astonishment, she had promptly fallen asleep in the cab after I had informed her of our destination.

"Y/n," I say, softly prodding her. "We're here."

"Mmm," she hums, curling up into a ball.

"We need to go," I inform her, opening the car door and stepping out.

She merely nods. "Mhm," she says, refusing to move.

"Tch." I grit my teeth as I lift her out of the car, bridal-style. "Thank you, sir," I say to the cab driver.

"No problem man," he smiles. "Have a good night."

"You as well."

The security guard who works the midnight shift, Ms. Beifong, greets us as soon as we arrive at the building's doors. She can be a bit of a stickler, but she and I get along well.

I greet her with a smile. "Ms. Beifong."

"Mr. Forger," she nods. "And who is this intoxicated young woman?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

I sigh, adjusting my hold on her. "Long story short, she's my personal assistant whom I've just found out can't hold her liquor."

"Why were you drinking with your employee?" she inquires, her tone of disapproval clear.

"It was a company party," I note, hoping to cut the conversation short. "Listen, I'd love to chat more, but I'm exhausted."

"Right," she nods, buzzing open the door for me. "Have a good night."

"You too."

While waiting for the elevator, I feel Y/n move around in my arms ever so slightly. As I look down at her sleepy state, I notice how cute she looks. 

"Come on Loid," I scold myself. "What am I thinking? She's my employee." Before I have a chance to battle my internal monologue, the sound of the elevator alerts me that it's finally time to go.

I make every effort to keep her stable, but my arms are getting tired. Before I get off the elevator, I attempt to remove my keys from my pocket. I'm tempted to put her on the floor while I open the door, but I'd feel bad so instead, I choose to struggle.

Once inside, I kick off my shoes and head straight to my bedroom, laying her on top of the comforter.

I take a minute to admire her delicate features. I prefer her when she's sleeping, there's less attitude that way. I take a second to push her hair out of her face, ensuring not to mess up her intricate hairstyle.

She rolls over, groggily saying, "Hey, where are we?"

"My apartment," I reply, standing up to remove my clothes from the night. "Just go back to sleep." A part of me wants to just crash, but another part of me is itching for a shower. I decide on the shower and head to the bathroom, letting the water run before getting in.

The scorching hot water feels great against my icy cold body. I lather up with the addicting scent of my Dove eucalyptus oil and cedar body wash. Yor had acquired it for me as a birthday present a few months ago, and I've since enjoyed the aroma. Crystal even set up a subscription for it to be shipped to my house every six weeks.

"Loid?" a soft voice calls out.

"Yes? I'm in the shower," I reply, hoping she doesn't come in. 

"I wanna shower too. I feel gross," she says, unseemingly fazed. "Can I come in?"

I immediately respond. "N-no!" Is she still drunk?

"Loid, I can't really hear you," she says. "There's a constant ringing in my ears and a pounding in my head. I'm just gonna come in. Why does my head hurt so much?"

"Jesus Christ," I mutter as I wash off the last of the suds and turn off the water. Thankfully I manage to grab the towel before she has a chance to burst through the door.

"Oh," she frowns. "You're done already?"

"What?" I question. "If you want to take a shower then go ahead."

"No," she pouts and sits on top of the lidded toilet seat. "I wanted to take one with you."

"A-are you out of your mind?" I'm practically screaming at this point. 

"You don't have to yell," she says, grimacing. "I told you my head hurts."

I roll my eyes and try to regain control of the situation. "Look, I apologize for yelling, but do not forget that you're my employee. You are only here right now because I did not feel comfortable leaving you by yourself in your drunken state. Now if you want to take a shower then I'll get you whatever you need, but don't ever say such a lewd comment like that again. This relationship is strictly business and it will remain that way."

She's looking up at me with teary eyes and I can't help but feel awful and like I've overreacted a bit. Maybe she wasn't actually insinuating something with me and was still a bit drunk.

"Can I just get a towel and washcloth please?" she murmurs.

"S-sure," I nod, securing the towel around my waist and reaching for the towels. "Here."

"Thank you," she nods, refusing to look me in the eye.

"Um, I'll allow you to take the day off tomorrow," I say, hoping to ease the tension.

"Tomorrow's my day off anyways," she mutters while running the water.

"Oh, right," I say, nodding. "Well then, you can take another day off this week."

"K."

Am I missing something?

"Alright well, I'm gonna head out now. Please let me know if you need anything at all," I say with a smile. She doesn't bother to respond, so I take that as my cue to leave. Once back inside the bedroom, I grab a few things I need and head off to one of the guest rooms. I assume it best to sleep in another room for tonight, as I don't want to upset her further.

Was I too harsh?

Hopefully, I can try to make it up to her tomorrow, and maybe I'll even make her breakfast.

A thought crosses my mind that I can't shake. 

Is it weird that I was looking forward to sleeping in the same bed with her?

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

I know you guys were probably expecting something spicy but it's too early for that just yet

I know you guys were probably expecting something spicy but it's too early for that just yet. I need him to realize how great y/n is and pine for her!