chapter 1: Away from home

"I can't believe my angel is finally off to campus. You are becoming a grown-up now cupcake, hope you know that. Am so proud of you but, I want you to promise me one thing, you will take care of yourself. Your dad and I won't be around to monitor you. Choices you..."
"Mama," Donna cut her off." I know. Make the right decisions."
Mama Donna felt the need to prepare her daughter and only child for campus life.

Everything was packed and they set the ball rolling. It was a four-hour drive from home to school.

"Did you speak to your papa Donna?"

"Ooh my goodness! I totally forgot, let me call him I hope his online. I got so occupied packing my stuff that I totally forgot. Ooh! He's online mama,"

"Hello, papa,"

"Hello my dear, I thought you forgot about me msichana wangu?"

"No papa," Nancy said as she smiled." I was so occupied packing I forgot to call, before we departed for school. We are with mummy right now. Papa though you kind of look different today,"

"Your papa has said no to growing old!" Mama Donna said giggling as Donna and her papa laughed.

"Donna, my daughter, during my youthful times I was the most handsome lad on campus, stylist and funny. Every girl wanted to be around me..."

"Oooh, baba Donna. Not every girl," mama Donna said as she laughed.

"There was only one specific girl that I couldn't get her attention that time but now, am blessed to have all her attention..."

"Wait papa, the girl is mama?" Donna curiously wanted to know.

"Yes! I am so lucky because since I met her, I've had a whale of a time! She's a laugh a minute. You never get bored in her presence,"

Donna loved every time her parents teased each other. One could feel the love between those two, behaving like they were in their twenties. Donna saw perfection in her parents and no one could change that. After a four-hour drive they finally arrived, they were amused to find so many people.

"Hey baby girl I love you so much, take care of yourself. I know your mommy has told you we won't be there to control your every movement and decision. You are a big girl right now,"

"yes papa, I know, you taught me well. Can we now go in cause am so excited to step on campus soil?"

"Oh! you, yeah you can go," baba Donna said as Donna excitedly opened the car door, "Donna can you give your mama the phone I miss seeing my honey bun,"

"baba Donna si utanimaliza siku Moja na hizi majina zako jameni," a wide smile showed on her face.

It took almost a whole day as Donna tried to settle in. Her mama could see how her daughter was full of the joys of spring and it made her heart glad.

*********************

"Morning, you must be Donna. I'm Stacy, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself yesterday. I was so excited that I couldn't sit here doing anything all day. I felt as if my buttocks were aching so I decided to take a stroll only to find you asleep when I got back. You must have been tired?"

"wueeh! Kwani hachoki kusmile?" Donna asked herself. "Yeah,"she finally replied, "I was really tired, unpacking and arranging my stuff was not too easy, that's why I dozed off early," Donna answered.

"You came alone or with your parents?"

"I came with my mama but she had to leave for work, so l was left finishing up and you?"

"Oh! I aah! " Stacy stammered as she cleared her throat, "I came alone, luckily I only had my suitcase so nothing to tire me. We are finally in campus!"

" I also can't believe it..." Donna chirpily chipped in. Their conversation seemed to have no end. One could hear their cute giggles from outside. Donna was glad that her roomie was social.

I do hope you liked this chapter.
Do bear with me on my grammar:-)
Don't forget to Like ,vote & comment.

Chapter 2 is ready:(ʘᴗʘ✿)