chapter 2: Day one

"good morning class, am glad we are starting our class this early morning. Let me introduce you to the only university along the equator..."
a short plum dark female professor stood in front of the class, as she set up the projector . The course was about half of the hall attentively listening.
"This being a biology class, am going to group you into two, purposely for practicals and discussion. I will be using the questionnaire that I requested all of you to fill, to assign you your partner. Every work assigned should be submitted before the given deadline, past that, I won't collect any work and you will be deducted ten points from your final exams. I do hope am loud and clear to everyone?"
"Yeess!" the whole class said in unison.

The list was sent to their Whatsapp class group, having everyone busy with their phones, eagerly wanting to know whom they've been paired with. The lecture resumed after the little break the students assigned themselves. Two hours were finally over but before the professor left the class, she assigned them work which was to be submitted after two days.
Donna packed her books but was confused about what to do afterwards. Her classmates walked in groups laughing and chattering while she walked alone. Donna always found it difficult to make friends as she always stayed indoors. She held onto her backpack and slowly walked wherever her legs would take her. She put on her headphones so as not to look confused, suddenly, she received a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" She responded.

"Hi," she heard a deep voice from the other side, " am Liam, your biology partner, was wondering when should we meet to discuss?"

"Oooh!" Donna became even more confused, she forgot there was work to be done. She stammered on the phone not knowing what to say.
"I-do-n't kno-ow... Aah!" She cleared her throat, " I don't know. You can decide when, I will flow with your decision,"
There was silence from the other side.

"Okay if you say so. Let's meet tomorrow at 10.00 am. I will inform you of the venue before tomorrow," and he hung up.

"Okay, I like... Oh my! He has hanged up. So rude! He didn't even confirm if I will be available and also, no goodbye! " one could feel rage pilling up in Donna's voice.

********************

"Donna! Donna! Hey Donna!" Stacy shouted waking everyone in the other rooms, " turn off your alarm. Oh, girl! It's 9.00 am and I'm trying to have a beauty sleep. You know," Stacy began her philosophy lectures," as a student, it's hard to get an off day like today, no classes, no group discussion... Though what's up with all these alarms, this isn't the first one,"
It took Donna time to come back from her slumber land. She was to meet up with Liam at 9.00 am but she was already late.
She threw her blanket to the floor grabbed her towel and ran for the bathroom. It took her almost forty-five minutes to get ready. Her roomie was kind enough to pack her some snacks.

Donna got to the venue panting so hard and sweaty from running up to the fifth floor, where she was to meet her partner.
She was already an hour late. She hoped he didn't get bored and left. She dredged every corner of the room to see if she would locate a single guy unfortunately, all those present were gathered in groups of at least four people. She got so confused and decided to call him.
She nervously waited for him to pick up the phone not knowing if he was angry.

" Hello," finally Liam answered.

"It's Donna, your biology partner, whom you called yesterday,"

" I know. Why are you calling me this early morning? Couldn't you wait up to noon to call?"

" I thought you said we were meeting today at nine for discussion? "

" Yeah I know, I stayed for more than thirty minutes but you never showed up. I decided to also go and prolonge my beauty sleep just like my partner. So this is how you guys feel, anyways we can discuss this via zoom because my place of residence is far from school. It will take me about thirty minutes to arrive and that's if you are okay with it,"

What would you if you partner arrived an hour late for discussion?
I would like to hear your thoughts in the comment section.

Chapter 3 is ready☺️.