Prologue: Don't Know When To Quit

In the middle school play, Diane was the narrator of how prey and predators came together and become equal, it was also about how Diane and her classmates would change the world and make it a better place.

After everyone else finished sharing what they were gonna do, it was Diane's turn, she walked in the middle of the stage as she smiled proudly. "I would like to make the world a better place, I'm gonna be... A POLICE OFFICER!" Diane announced proudly as some of the people in the crowd laughed at her hopeless dream.

"Police officer? Everyone knows foxes can't become a police officer!" Diane's school bully, Nick says with a smirk, Diane rolled her eyes and showed her presentation of Los Angeles then looked back at the crowd.

"I know it may be impossible for dumb minds, I'm looking at you Nick," Diane begins but then looks back at the presentation, "But I believe it doesn't matter what species you are, as long as you believe in your dreams!" She says, the whole room clapped, except Nick of course.

After a few minutes, Diane's parents took her outside to the festival that was being hosted, Diane knew her parents didn't agree with her career choice but she didn't care.

"Dear, there's never been a fox cop, and I don't think there would be." Her dad says while Diane's mom nods in agreement, Diane wasn't paying attention and did a cartwheel on the icecream stand, fighting the air as she did so.

"I know, that's why I'm gonna the very first!" Diane says, skipping happily with her parents and held their hands as she skipped along, daydreaming of how she was gonna be the very first fox cop.

"What your dad is trying to say is that, it's going to be difficult- impossible even to become  fox cop, they only accept.. big animals." Diane's mom says, trying not to be too racist about the whole situation, Diane paused and raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Big animals?" Diane asked with her eyebrow still raised, her parents paused but then her dad changed the whole subject.

"What your mother means is, you can make the world a better place by selling rabbit fur!" Diane's dad was trying to backup her mother but Diane was having none of it, she turned her attention towards Nick and his buddy Giddy and her friends, Max and Ava with grins on their faces.

Diane followed behind them, she turned a corner and seen Nick with his paw out towards Max. Max had a bunch of tickets which meant he could get to play lots of games with the tickets. Giddy was besides Nick with a smirk on his face.

"Tickets, now, let's not make this harder than it has to be." Nick says still holding his paw out for the tickets.

"No way, get your own Nick!" Max retorted back, he was the second smallest in Diane's class and was it was easy for Nick to pick on him since he knew Max couldn't do anything about it.

"Giddy, go me 'em tickets." Nick commanded like a master and it's pet, Giddy grabbed the tickets from Max's hand and handed them to Nick.

"Hey, give it back!" Max wasn't as sensitive as Ava and he stood up and tried to get the tickets back, but Nick pushed him onto the ground, that's when Diane decided to step in.

"Hey!" Diane yelled, causing Nick and Giddy to turn around and look at Diane and raise an eyebrow

"Oh look who it is, the fox cop, want your friends tickets? Come get 'em!" Nick replied, holding the tickets in his pocket, Diane glared and tried to get the tickets back but Nick pushed her onto the ground.

"What stupid world you 'livin in where you think a fox can become cop?" Nick asked with a small chuckle, Diane got an idea and kicked Nick in the face, causing him to fall onto the ground and blood to spill on his top lip, the tickets fell from his pocket and Diane quickly took them so that Nick wouldn't see her.