Seeking out the truth

Gibbs sat quietly whilst Ducky examined him and patched up the cuts that had been bleeding. There was little doubt that Gibbs had indeed been beaten.
Of course he was trying not to show emotion every time he was asked to move or Ducky had pressed down on a bruise. But Ducky knew him far too well.
"Sorry Jethro, I know it hurts"
When Ducky had finished his thorough examination, Dr Grace joined them, as Gibbs wouldn't go until he had spoken to her again.
"Doc"
"Yes Popeye, I am here"
"I need to remember"
"I know, but whinging is not going to help anyone..."
He breathed through his anger, he wasn't angry at her, he was angry at himself.
"Grace, I need to know who this son of a bitch is."
"I know, Gibbs. But right now you are in no fit state..."
"DOC" he shouted
"Hey" she responded
He looked at her, but not with anger but with sorry written over his face. He was tired. He was breaking. He was angry. But nothing was going to stop him now that he knew his team was under threat.
McGee entered autopsy
"Sorry to disturb, but this case keeps getting weirder."
"Go on McGee"
"Well there is no easy way to say it, but this person is good. They have made it look like we sent all the texts and calls to ourselves."
"What?"
"Yeah, the directors phone calls last night, were apparently from me and the list goes on."
"Any trace on the money?"
"Only some offshore account that Kaleb apparently had open.."
"Oh so another frigging circle" scoffed Grace
"Yeah"
"Did I kill him Duck?"
It took a moment for Ducky to realise what Gibbs was focusing on now
"No, you didn't. It was staged to look like it."
"You're sure?"
"Well unless you got rid of another knife then no Jethro you didn't."
"Great, so we have lots of circles.." McGee said, suddenly stopping
"What's the matter Timothy..."
McGee motioned to Ducky and Grace to be quiet.
They all looked over at Gibbs who had made himself comfortable and was sound asleep on the autopsy table.
Quietly taking themselves out of the room, they let him be.
In the elevator
"I gave him some usual painkillers but nothing extra."
"I think he was just warn out." Grace said yawning herself.
"I'll set up some shifts." McGee finished off as they entered the bullpen.
They filled the rest of the team in.
"We need to look at past cases and I need to get the footage from my neighbors security"
Bishop said
"Yes before he fell asleep Jethro got very agitated like he was trying to remember something."
"And he was determined to set a trap for him," Grace added. Everything was now on the table.
"A trap?" Torres asked
Even the others seemed perplexed.
"Really and you're the detectives..." Grace sighed
"Okay, so think about it this guy wants Gibbs locked up. So Gibbs was thinking that if he goes home he could lure this person in to coming back for him."
"Well that's not a bad idea, but there is no chance at the moment. We have nothing on this guy."
"That's what I told him. But don't say I didn't warn you."
McGee had sat down at his desk, mulling over everything that had happened.
He put up the cameras in autopsy to some relief finding Gibbs still sleeping there.
"What are you thinking Tim?" Torres asked
"To be honest..."
Then something on the camera caught his eye. It was Gibbs, he was having a nightmare.
He plugged in his headphones to try and hear what Gibbs was saying.
"Can you tell?" Bishop asked quietly
"No, we are going to have to get another microphone in there."
Grace looked over at McGee
"I know, its unethical"
"Yes, maybe but I think you are on to something."
"Okay, Duck can you?" Handing Ducky a small recording device
"Of course, if he wakes I will just be checking on him Timothy"
McGee took a deep breath and got his thoughts together.
"Okay, I am going up to see Vance. Let's chase down these leads and see what really happened at the crime scene as well."
Torres and Bishop nodded. Bishop had just received the security camera footage
"What are you looking for?"
"Well something made me go and visit that morning, so maybe someone shouted through the letterbox? I dunno Nick we need a lead and fast."
McGee had made it in to see Vance
"McGee what do you need?"
"I need to keep Gibbs here."
"That's fine, but I am sensing something more, McGee?"
"Yes there is Director I have a plan and I don't think you are going to like it and more importantly neither is Gibbs."
Meanwhile, Bishop was watching the footage and noticed Kaleb arrive and knock on her door. She watched him then phone her
"He must have said, Gibbs"
"Yeah, but is there any other footage?"
"Lets hope so"
Torres and Bishop watched as Kaleb got into a car but not the driver's side. "Come on"
Torres shouted, pleased that the footage had also given them a plate. Something they could hunt down.
They both looked up to see McGee walking downstairs having been in with the director.
"Found something" Bishop shouted up
McGee was filled in and gave them some strict instructions including running the car plates.

Vance was soon behind him and they went off down to autopsy
Ducky and Gibbs who was now wide awake but still tired were listening to the recording of his nightmares.
"It's not really jogging anything duck" Gibbs mumbled
He then stopped and saw Vance and McGee
"Ducky"
"Do you need me to leave Timothy? Director."
"No, you can witness this" McGee said confidently
"Agent Gibbs, I am arresting you on the suspicion of murder you have the right to remain silent, but anything you do say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." McGee went on as if Gibbs was just another suspect.
"I thought you said I didn't kill him" Gibbs whispered. Breaking inside, not knowing where or what was happening.
Ducky watched on in shock.
"Just trust me" McGee whispered as he escorted Gibbs back to interrogation