The Wicked Witch of the West

"Fuck!" The seventeen year old switched on the lamplight. She glanced at the clock, it was four in the morning. Chantel grew up at a boarding school in Rosewood Pennsylvania. There, the young girl began suffering from anxiety which later lead to depression, so her mother brought her back to Hemlock Grove and put her under the care of Dr Norman. She was off therapy and pills for now but her mother do, let her go for her routine check ups.

And when Chantel thought everything would be fine, she began to have recurring nightmares—about supernatural beings over the summer. But she'd kept it to herself as she didn't want to go back to therapy or medications, those things really do tire her.

She reached for her phone, she fell asleep watching Teen Wolf and now the battery was drained out. "Shee-it." She cursed.

She charged her phone and went down to the kitchen to have a glass of milk, the basement door was wide open. Susan had mentioned over dinner, that she had to submit some files by sunrise, her mother was a workaholic no wonder she's always drained.

Chantel poured two glasses of cold milk and went down the basement, their basement was not like the basements she'd been to. It was well lighted and covered with beautiful Victorian wallpapers, Susan used it as her home office.

"Honey," her mother glanced at the wall clock and then back to her. "You're up early."

"Slept early," she lied, if her mother did have an inkling of knowledge about her nightmares. She'll be back in Dr Norman's office before she could say 'Shee-it'.

"Thank you," Susan beamed taking a glass from her.

Chantel sipped the milk and looked down at the blueprints, "nice..."

"Maria Godfrey's upcoming backyard." Her mother said. Maria was the wife of Dr Norman Godfrey, Norman was the younger brother of the late J.R. Godfrey. The man behind the White Tower.

Chantel tapped the porch swing with her pointing finger, "that'll be my new favourite place at Letha's."

"I know," her mother smiled at her. Letha was the daughter of Norman and Maria. The only cousin of Roman and Shelley.

Chantel had been busy binging Teen Wolf from her laptop and checking her social, to and fro. Until, it was time for breakfast. Susan was already at the kitchen making toasts. The young girl took a seat, "at what time you're leaving mom?"

"By seven," her mother announced as she served the toasts. "What about you, any plans for the day?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "I've lunch with the girls."

"That's nice," Susan mumbled sipping her morning coffee.

After her mother left, she was jamming to 'señorita' by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello when her phone pinged. She froze. A notification from Olivia Godfrey wife of late J.R. Godfrey, mother of Roman and Shelley Godfrey.

She hesitantly tapped on her phone screen. Olivia wanted her at the manor by ten. For what? She had absolutely no fucking idea. But Olivia only calls or text for a reason. She'd requested Gia to drop her off, since her car was still at the garage due to an oil leak. And calling a cab will take another ten-fifteen minutes and she was already running late.

The security guard let them through the gate, after seeing Chantel's familiar face. The driveway stretched almost half a mile before the manor could be seen. You should rename the property as Rome. Chantel had suggested, when she'd first visited the manor, taken aback by the size of the building as well as the land. Roman had told her that there were around thirty rooms and the servants had their very own quarters outside the manor. Why does a family of three, need thirty rooms? Only the Godfrey's knew.