Chapter 3 : Your In The Army Now

2 YEARS LATER

(Y/N) POV

Instructor : Alright then you maggots, listen up! You are here because you are probably looking for adventure, maybe the thrill of war or the excitement of battle! But once you are sent to the trenches, you'll learn that all of those fantasies and scenarios you've thought of doing will never come to be! You will never forgot what you see out there, you will never fulfil those dreams of yours and you most certainly will not be getting out of this! I won't sugar-coat it, but I can guarantee that most of you will die out there! Hell, all of you could be killed for all I know!

I was currently standing to attention to the instructor for my unit. I volunteered to join the army so that I could prove that "Being X" dickwad wrong, or at least what that's what the old hag called him. There were about 40 to 50 men and women stood around me. Unfortunately because of me only being 13, people were taking notice to my shorter stature among their ranks. My height was only made worse due to my father using starvation as a punishment and all of the meagre army rations that were issued out. There were a few  silent looks at me and murmurs here and there, but I blocked them out because I honestly could not care less what people thought about me being here.

Instructor : Now because the higher ups demand it, you will all be sent to your lodgings for an hour to introduce yourselves to your brothers and sisters in arms. But if any of you are late then you shall be punished! Am I understood!

The Unit : Yes Sir!

We all march to our respective dorms. I make it to mine with two other guys that opted to remain silent throughout the journey. The first was a little shorter and bulkier than the second and had brown hair with green eyes. The other was taller and slimmer, although still having a slightly muscular frame, with blonde hair and the same green eyes as the first guy. We get to our dorm and I unlock the door and open it to allow the other two to enter first. The blonde enters first, with the shorter male entering second while thanking me. The room was small but was still able to fit three small beds, a cabinet for each and a little space to spare.

Brown Hair : I suppose introductions are in order.

I jump on a random bed, automatically declaring it to be mine, and sit down with my legs just out of reach of the floor. Although I'd rather not get all buddy-buddy with everyone here, It would be beneficial to at the very least become acquainted with my current roommates to eliminate the possibilities of them getting on my nerves in the future.

Louis : My name is Louis Moulin. And the blond here next to me is my brother, Jaune Moulin.

Me : Moulin? As in Moulin Steel Manufacturing?

Louis : You would be correct, yes. May I ask what your name is?

Me : My name is (Y/N) (L/N). Just a random orphan that nobody wanted before being recruited by the army.

Louis : I see, I'm sorry for the loss of your parents.

Me : Don't be. My mother died three years ago and I'm glad my father is dead. The drunk fuck was noting but an alcoholic fuckwit that I'm glad I killed.

Jaune : You killed your own dad!?

Me : Yes, and I'll do it again if I had the chance.

Silence consumed the room as I had nothing else to say.

Jaune : So... why'd you join the army, how old even are you?

Me : 13, and I joined since it was better than living in a run down orphanage while watching the younger kids being taken because no one wants to adopt a teen. The older I got, the lower my chance of getting adopted got.