~22~

12th of December 2021

Ivy POV:

Today was the day. The day it would finally be decided who is the F1 world champion in 2021. The craziest thing was,that both Max and Lewis were equal on points after Jeddah. It is something that hasn't happened in the F1 history for many years. Max took pole position yesterday,and that gave him a huge advantage

I flew in to Abu Dhabi early this morning because I didn't want to leave my baby for a long period with someone else. I left him at Max's mom because we absolutely trust her with everything.It would only be for about a day since tomorrow early in the morning,we have another flight back to Monaco.

Everyone was far too excited and nervous for today's race. All the fans simply couldn't wait for this race. How it ends though,we can't know yet

***

Not even 1 lap was over and the controversy had already started with Max and Lewis almost coming together. It left with people picking sides and it wasn't looking good since it was Lewis who was leading the race.

To the best of luck,Checo, Max's teammate did a phenomenal job at defending Lewis for as much as possible. Everyone in the redbull garage was screaming "Come on Checo" as you could feel their nervousness. It was funny how Lewis commented about it on the radio saying it was 'dangerous driving' but it made no sense. It was just hard racing. I really don't care about him that much anymore so I just laughed like crazy when he said it and some people noticed as well. But i could tell they were all chuckling quietly

When Lewis got past Checo,Checo immediately let Max through and now it was time for the action to go on. However, Lewis pulled away pretty quickly and now it wasn't any better. Checo did his best job,an absolute legend,but Lewis was just far too quick today.

***

It was the 50th lap of the race and I had already lost all of my hopes for Max winning the championship. It just seemed impossible now with only 8 laps to go. A small part of me still told me 'it is possible',but chances of it happening were low at this rate. Even Christian himself said that we needed a miracle to actually be able to win this somehow.

As the laps went on people in the garage were getting more and more frustrated because time was ticking and so was the championship slipping away

However,at that moment,on lap 53,something no one had expected to happen,it happened. Nicholas Latifi had crashed and now the safety car was deployed. This immediately opened a chance for overtaking so Max went in to box for new soft tyres,while Lewis ended up staying out with his heavily used hard ones. The only problem was,there were multiple lapped cars infront of Max that he needed to overtake in order to overtake Lewis as well. And that isn't quite easy with only a few laps remaining. And the FIA chose to not let the lapped cars overtake the safety car so it really left Max with a lot of work to do.

But on lap 57,apparently they changed the rule and now the lapped cars were able to overtake. This immediately caused even more controversy as especially mercedes weren't happy at all. And now the safety car was ending in this lap,so we would have one lap of racing to go till the chequered flag. I felt all my nerves building up as I thought

This is it. This is the chance Max has. This is the miracle Christian was talking about

And as the final lap begin everyone was watching carefully with many screams being heard from the redbull mechanics. The moment when Max overtook Lewis I felt the biggest relief I've ever felt. Everyone around was yelling enthusiastically and as Max took the final corner all the mechanics were already running around like crazy.

'They've shared a brilliant championship battle! But the championship can only be won by one. And its going Dutch in 2021!! Max Verstappen,for the first time ever,is champion of the world!!!'

I could not imagine how happy Max was at that moment as his radio just got put on the screens and you could hear him basically screaming his heart out

All of the crowd was cheering with Dutch flags being basically everywhere now

The only ones who weren't happy though,were those at Mercedes. They did win constructors championship however,but they also thought that this one would go to them as well. But,just like in any sport,there is always 2 teams. 2 sides, 2 fandoms and 2 rivals. And only one of them can win. Maybe one year you will,the other year your rival will. In sport,you can never have both sides satisfied. There will always be one who will be pissed

*

"Max Verstappen you are the world champion! The world champion!"- You could hear Christian yelling enthusiastically on the radio. I couldn't hold in the tears anymore and I finally let it all out while I cried in happiness. No words could ever describe how proud I was of him for everything he had done.

After he got out of his car he immediately ran to his team who were ready with open arms to congratulate him. People could been heard screaming from all sides of the pit lane. I then saw him running to my direction feeling more happy then ever. I could feel our bodies touch as he slammed his lips on mine without any hesitation.

As we stood there I looked at him in the eyes, those damn blue eyes I had fallen for at that party, the eyes I still continue to fall for everyday.

"I love you."- He quietly said to me while i could feel many camera flashes pointed on us. I looked into his ocean blue eyes. "I love you too." I replied back. He then kissed me once again as you could hear people cheer from all the sides. I kissed him back without any doubts.

If someone told me a year ago that right now I would be dating Max Verstappen and have a child with him,I would have probably laughed in their face. But it was all real now. All the things that we went through together. And it really wasn't that easy. All the laughs,all the tears,all the memories that we shared this past year. Our son is the best thing ever that has happened in our lives. At first,it all seemed unreal, but now I wouldn't change it for the world. People have judged us,and will judge us all the time,but we simply do not care. It's our lives that we are living,not theirs. I simply couldn't be happier right now. Max achieving his dream is basically my dream as well. And at this moment,I realised that I've found my true love. The love of my life. The person that I love the most and will be there for me till the day I die.

I left my old life,the life I had before,went against all the odds,just so I can be with him. No matter how hard they tried to separate us,we always won. Nothing can ever break us.

How we met was an accident,an accident which was never really meant to happen. But in the end it all worked out well.

Now,if you ask me,if I could have any guy in the world I want,I would pick just him and only him.

Yes,Max Emilian Verstappen. There will never be a love like ours

[The end]

A/N: Hello guys,yes this is it. This was the final chapter of this book. I am writing an epilogue to this which I will try to post by Tuesday and then my book is officially coming to it's end. Hope you all enjoyed this story and I also wanna say I'm working on a new book which I won't get into much detail right now,but you guys will know more soon <3

(I'm not over the fact that Seb is retiring from F1,he is one of the main reasons why I became a fan of this sport in the first place :/ We will miss u Seb ♡)