Chapter 2 - A Grasp of Fading Spotlight - Camping

Yuna and I arrived at the campsite together, expecting to see a large crowd of people already there waiting for us.

Instead, the only person there was Hidemi.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

She was standing with her arms folded, inspecting the tents.

"Yo. Hidemi." I nodded toward her, catching her attention. She looked over her shoulder and immediately smiled.

"Ah, Chiyo! And Yuna too!" Hidemi spoke. "I'm so glad to see someone finally arrived. On-time too!"

"Yeah. Chiyo...really wanted to be on time-" Yuna pointed out.

"Anyway!" I interrupted her as soon as possible. "Where are the others?"

"I don't know...I got here extra early to try and plan sleeping arrangements with everyone, but no one is here!" Hidemi sighed. I made the time very clear too...What if they all forgot?"

"I doubt all of them would forget." I shrugged. "Besides, Yuna and I are here. Surely that's enough to help your planning?"

"You do make a good point...Alright! Here's my idea so far." She sat down on one of the wooden logs, Yuna and I joining her. "I'm thinking of splitting the guys and girls. As there is one tent big enough to hold five people, the boys should sleep there. That would be comfortable enough for them, right?"

"Probably." Yuna assumed.

"If not, I'm sure they can just huddle together to fit." I jokingly said. "What else?"

"As for us girls, we should split into pairs! The remaining four tents each can hold two people, so that should be good for the eight of us." She grinned.

"And how are you gonna pair us up?" I wondered.

"Oh, I'll leave that up to everyone else. I'm sure some girls would rather sleep next to others. I shouldn't force anything." Hidemi explained, but then shyly turned away. "But..."

I couldn't even hear what she said next. Her mumblings were incomprehensible.

"Uh...What did you say?" Yuna asked.

"O-Oh...I was wondering if..."

Yet again, we couldn't hear her.

"Hey, you might want to repeat that again." I leaned back on the wooden log, trying to hear her.

"Um..." Hidemi's eyes nervously wandered onto me. "I was wondering...No! Hoping...That you would share a tent...with me. If that's ok with you, of course!" She then anxiously laughed, trying to hide her blushing face.

"Seriously?" I sat straight and smirked. "Duh. Obviously, I will. I was probably gonna ask you."

"R-Really!" She sighed in relief. "Oh thank god. I'm glad."

Looks like I'm sorted with Hidemi. I wonder how tonight will go.

"Hm...Maybe Kairi would want to share with me." Yuna thought out loud.

Suddenly, we were interrupted by a loud groan.

"Ugh. Why do you guys have to be here?"

Glancing behind me, I saw that it was Yukari.

Just great...

"Hello to you too." I sarcastically replied. "Still acting like an asshole?"

"No shit, Sherlock Holmes. I want to appreciate my talent, no thanks to you lot." She glared at the three of us, before laughing at us. "Though, judging by your clothes, I can tell my night's sleep is going to be muchhhh better."