Chapter 2 - Class Trial 3 + Scrum Debate + Closing Argument

"...Tatsuo, you're the only guy we haven't confirmed yet, right?" Tapping my finger on my chin deep in thought, I glanced over at him.

"Yeah...?" Tatsuo replied. "But you have my-"

"I think Tatsuo's the culprit." I interrupted him, announcing my revelation to the group. However, instead of the gasps and expressions of shock, I got when I realised Shunsuke was the killer, this time I was met with silence.

"W-What?!?" Tatsuo exclaimed, appearing to be the only one who was alarmed. The others just seemed...confused.

"Tatsuo...Killed Yukari?" Finn nervously chuckled. "You sure about that, Chiyo?"

"Yeah, don't get me wrong. You're like...a genius!" Akihiro tried to flatter me. "But...It's Tatsuo! Tatsuo's not a murderer. He's not a bad guy!"

"I can't believe it either. Ever since day one, Tatsuo has been against this whole killing game! He wouldn't just...kill Yukari! Even in self-defence!" Kairi defended him. "Besides, he could totally take her anyway! Why would she even target him?  Yukari was rude, but she wasn't stupid!"

"Oh, you all." Ryoko shook her head at everyone. "Tch. Here is exactly where my so-called belief and doubt complex comes into play!"

"What do you mean?" Yuna wondered.

"Right now, you're all believing in Tatsuo. You don't even want to imagine your precious and most trustworthy friend committing a murder! But you need to doubt him! Unravel him! Pick him apart and find the truth! If you don't well...I guess you don't value your lives at all! Believing in him now is like a death sentence." Ryoko firmly said.

"...You guys may be confused." I ignored Ryoko. "But, I swear if you listen it would make sense!"

"Tatsuo...is a killer?" Kokoro repeated.

"I've seen some...pretty weird stuff," Shouko admitted. "But, even this sounds impossible. It's...It's Tatsuo, you know?"

They all...really do seem to trust Tatsuo.

Well, I did too. But after my realisation, can I still rely on him?

...Who am I kidding? I can't blame them for believing in him. I couldn't even believe it myself when I found out.

But, he's the only option.

"...Tatsuo may be the murderer." Kenjiro, who was the only one actually listening to me, nodded. "We just need to think. He could be extremely...suspicious."

"Exactly- Well, it doesn't sound like he is suspicious now, but let me explain-"

"I have an alibi," Tatsuo spoke up, cutting me off. "You...Heard it yourself, Chiyo. Satoshi and Hidemi were there too." He then glanced at the step-siblings he had just mentioned.

"..." Satoshi just remained quiet, thinking to himself about the case.

"I...think I understand what Chiyo is trying to imply," Hidemi said.

"You want to talk about your alibi, huh?" I folded my arms.

-
Select Truth Bullet
> Tatsuo's Alibi <

"Here it is!"
-

"You mean the one where you claim to spend a few hours in the gym during the night?" I continued. "Yeah...At first, that made sense. There was no way you could create the crime scene, right? But after I thought about it, you totally could have-"

"Slam the brakes."

"H-Huh?" I almost jumped at the sudden interruption.

Tatsuo had chimed in, shaking his head at what I was saying. "Hold on, Chiyo. What do you mean it made sense...At first? It still does."