💔Tainted Mind💔

[Kaito's POV]

"Shu? You've been pretty quiet. More than usual. And you look kinda sad. Is everything alright with you?" I asked.

We were in the courtyard after nighttime training. We do this every night, but for some reason he didn't seem like his usual self. He seemed sad. Usually we train with Maki, but I asked her not to come today. Shuichi is actually my boyfriend, and I wanted to spend some time with him. 

"Kaito..." he said, getting up from the push-ups. "I-I need to talk to you."

"I knew something was bothering you..." I said while standing up.

He looked away from me, then started speaking.

"K-Kaito... I... ....."

"Take your time, I've got all night!" I exclaimed.

He looked down, and started wiping at his face. Wait... he was crying. I quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, Hey..." I comforted.

He hugged me back, really tightly. He sobbed into my chest for a while, and I stood there holding him. After a little while, his crying lightened up. My shirt was wet with his tears, but I didn't care. He looked up at me, and I smiled. He looked like he was going to cry again, but before he could, he gently put his hands on the sides of my face. Then, he gently pulled me in for a kiss. It was an amazing kiss. Usually, we just gave each other pecks on the lips. But this one, it was a nice, long, gentle kiss. Nothing rough or inappropriate, just something that brought us closer. At least, thats what I thought. He pulled away, and looked me right in the eyes. I could tell he felt pain, just by the way his eyes were. Then, he took a breath.

"I can't be with you anymore..."

Those words stabbed my heart.

"Wh... What?" I asked, almost out of breath.

"I love you... I-I love you so much... A-And I know you love me too... B-But... I'm not good for you." he said.

"W-What are you talking about?! Shuichi, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me!"

"No... I'm not. I-I'm draining you, Kaito. You can do so much better... Y-You deserve someone who treats you right..."

"That's not true! Where is this coming from?! T-This isn't you Shuichi!"

"You help me all the time. Y-You always comfort me a-and you've made me stronger. But... what have I done for you..? Nothing. I-I don't want to do this. I don't want to break up with you. B-But... you shouldn't be forced to be with someone who doesn't give anything back to you."

"Shuichi stop! L-Let's just talk about this! W-We can make this right-!"

"I-I'm so sorry, Kaito. I-I love you..."

He turned away and started running towards the dorms.

"S-Shuichi!" I called out.

He didn't listen. He kept running away from me. I felt like crying. I don't like to cry because men don't cry. Strong men don't cry. I'm strong. Crying is weak. I'm not weak. I'm not weak!

A teardrop fell down my cheek. Without Shuichi... I'm weak. He was my inspiration. He was my special guy. He was the love of my life. I'm weak, a complete mess, without him.

"Heheh..."

I quickly wiped my face. The source of laughter was coming behind me. I quickly turned to face the source, and that's when I saw him.

"You..." I clenched my fists.

"Hmm? What about me?" Kokichi said.

"YOU'RE THE REASON HE'S THINKING LIKE THAT! GODDAMN IT! I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!"

"Relax! I didn't do anythinggg. All I did was give him a bit of advice!"

I couldn't even begin to describe the rage I felt. It was all his fault. He corrupted Shuichi's mind and made him feel useless. He's the reason we're not together anymore. I wanted to hurt him. I ran towards him and grabbed him by his stupid tacky scarf.

"You're gonna pay for this. I'm gonna kick your ass!" I yelled.

I punched him in his stupid face. I would've hurt him a lot more, but he managed to untie the scarf  and get free from my grasp. He ran away, and I was left standing there alone. There were so many feelings I was feeling in that moment. So many thoughts in my mind. But there was one thing I knew for certain:

I am going to kill Kokichi Ouma.