Misunderstanding at the Gym

Take this as my apology for not being here in 7 months.

On Sundays, Kaito, Shuichi, and Maki went to go work out at the gym. Today was no different. Usually, Kaito went by the two's houses to pick them up, they'd get some lunch (sometimes early dinner) afterwards, and then he'd drop them off. He'd always go to Shuichi's house first to pick him up, and then last to drop him off. The trio were at the gym today, exercising like normal. Maki and Kaito somehow got caught up in some kind of competition with each other, so Shuichi went to do his own thing across the room. After a little bit of time in their competition, Kaito found himself staring off into space. He was obviously losing at this point, but he didn't really care anymore. There was only really one thing on his mind at that moment. However, that thing didn't stay on his mind that long, since he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder to see some blonde girl.

"Excuse me!" she shouted.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you... what did you say again?" Kaito responded, getting off the equipment and facing the lady.

"Do you have a staring problem?!"

"Huh? I-"

"You were staring at me! I saw you! And I got it all on video!"

"Lady I wasn't staring at-"

"Don't try to defend yourself now!"

Kaito was beginning to feel frustrated from being cut off so much. He decided to just ignore her, daydreaming while getting yelled out for something he didn't do. He found his eyes wandering to the same place as before.

"Hey!" a different voice yelled in his face.

Kaito's head shot in the direction of the new voice. It was a different woman, standing next to the first one.

"You creep! You were staring at me!" the new woman yelled.

"I wasn't staring at anyone!" he defended.

The three started arguing. That's when Maki got tired of the noise and walked in front of Kaito, facing the women.

"He wasn't staring at you. He was staring at me. See the mirror over there? This idiot didn't think I'd catch on, but he was staring at me, not you guys. So fuck off." Maki growled.

Kaito and the ladies looked over in that direction. Unknown to the three, there was in fact a mirror there.

"Oh... uh... yeah...." Kaito untruthfully agreed.

The ladies scoffed and walked away. But Kaito didn't notice, because he was stuck taking one final look at the area next to the mirror, where Shuichi sat this entire time, working out.