💕My Comfort💕

{REQUEST}

[Shuichi's POV]

"Thank you." I told the worker as I took my food and drinks.

It was about 6:45pm. I'm in college, taking the necessary courses to get my dream job, which is being a detective. I live in an apartment near campus with my boyfriend, Kaito. He's studying to become an astronaut. I went out to get us some dinner because he's been working really hard lately. It's really stressing him out, and I feel really bad for him. I offered to help, but I honestly had no clue what was going on. Some type of complex science. He's been working really hard, so I decided to get him something to eat. Nothing special, just some fast food.

I got to my car, and started driving home. Honestly, I'm worried about Kaito. When things make him upset, he can get... angry. It's not his fault. He always feels terrible afterwards, and he tries to make up for it. One of the best examples I can think of is when he's gaming; let's just say... we've gone through a lot of controllers. But, he's always bought more, even when I offer to pay with my own money. We both have jobs, just temporary work so we can make some money, but we definitely don't make a lot. Thankfully, my parents send me a check of a ton of money every month, so we're good with basic necessities.

I arrived to the parking lot outside of the apartments. I parked the car, got the food, locked the car, and started heading for our apartment. I've only been away from Kaito for about an hour, but I still miss him. I walked up the stairs leading up to our second floor apartment. I walked up to our door and unlocked it, trying to be quiet as to not disturb my working boyfriend. Somehow, with full hands, I managed to unlock and open the door. I walked inside, setting the bag of food down on the kitchen counter. The door was right next to the kitchen, so I had enough time to quickly set the bag down and close/lock the door within a few seconds.

I'm not sure if he heard me or not, but I still needed to tell him to take a break anyways. I walked into his "room." The apartment had 3 bedrooms; one was big and had a bathroom, the other two were small. We decided to make the two smaller rooms our personal rooms, and the biggest one we would share as an actual bedroom. It works out pretty well, actually.

When I walked in, I saw Kaito sitting at his desk with his elbows on his desk and his head in his palms. He was mumbling something to himself. I guess he didn't hear me come in. I probably should've said something, or knocked, but I kept silent. Suddenly, he slammed his fist down really hard on the desk. The sound scared me, making me jump. He then stood up quickly, pushing the chair back.

"UGH!" he sounded.

He then slammed his computer closed, and hit the desk again. I slowly walked up to him, still a little scared. I gently reached out and tapped his shoulder, trying my best to be gentle. Instinctively, he quickly turned around with his fist in the air, ready to punch.

"S-Shuichi..." he gasped, lowering his fist. "I... I'm sorry..."

"Are you okay?" I worried, gently taking his hand.

"I didn't mean to scare you... and I definitely wasn't gonna hurt you..."

"But, are you okay?"

"Of course I'm fine!"

"Kaito..."

"I promise I'm okay, Shu... especially now that you're here!"

I smiled a little. I pulled him into a tight hug, and he immediately hugged me back. We just stood there for a moment, embracing each other. I knew how stressed he was. He just didn't want me to worry about him. But, honestly, I'm always worrying about him; even when he is okay.

"I got us some food.." I told him, pulling away from the hug. "We should go eat."

He agreed, so we went out of the room and went to eat our dinner. We sat on the couch and watched tv, eating our food and cuddling. I let Kaito pick what to watch; I didn't really watch many things on tv, and he deserved to watch something he liked. Besides, he always picked interesting things anyways.

After a little while more of watching whatever this was and finishing our food, he laid down on the couch. More specifically, he laid his head in my lap. He looked up at me with a big grin across his face.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled.

His response was to laugh a low chuckle, and then turn away towards the tv. I rolled my eyes in a playful manner, and then proceeded to play with his hair. His hair was so... interesting. And surprisingly soft, too. I loved touching it, even though I'd never admit that. I love touching him. Hugging, kissing, cuddling, even holding hands; as long as I'm touching him, I'm happy.

Suddenly, a certain sound disrupted my thoughts. It's was snoring. I looked down, and sure enough, Kaito was asleep. I smiled, happy that he could finally get some rest. And, I'm even more happy at the fact that he's so comfortable around me. I stayed still, not wanting to wake him. I knew that as soon as he woke up, he would go right back to work. So that's why I didn't mind suffering a few asleep legs and lower back pains, all so my favorite person in the world could get the rest he deserves.

{A/N: Sorry for being dead for so long 😭 There's been a lot going on. But I promise to work more on all my stories now!}