SOFTBALL CLUB

SOFTBALL CLUB. A club where one didn't need to exert any extra effort to achieve a rank in the social hierarchy of high school. Everyone was warm, friendly, no one wanted to pursue reaching nationals. A perfect place for Chifuyu Matsuno. 

He had realized that after that amazing downfall of a "date", he needed to gain some popularity to be able to talk to you again, to prove that he had changed, that he was no longer the loser that spilt melted ice cream over your clothes, made you pay the bill for both of them and not return the hoodie you had given him (Also there was a huge stain on it that he wasn't able to wash out). Frankly he didn't want to do the latter but he was sure if things went the way he wanted, he didn't have to. 

Before being able to make a conversation with you, he had to have a fan club, consisting of girls AND boys for it to be constant and stable, the athletic ability of Michael Jordan, the brains of Isaac Newton and the sexiness of Brad Pitt, to even be able to see eye-to-eye with you.

He had none.

So he settled for softball. A subtle but smart move where no one in the club was "popular", but somehow friends with everyone in the school. This is what he needed. 

"Hi, I want to sign up for softball." The blonde teenager gave the pig tailed girl a toothy grin, hoping he didn't stutter. 

"This is the sewing club." She replied nonchalantly. 

"Oh." Chifuyu was sure he was getting mercury poisoning due to all these embarrassing encounters.  

"You know we don't have a softball club in this school right?"

"Oh."

"Also aren't you in literature club? You know you can't change your club right?"

"Uh."

"You want to turn the literature club to soft ball club?!" His friend, Kazutora whisper-screamed to Chifuyu's face

"No! I want you to form a soft ball club." 

"Why would I do that?" 

"I'll tell Mikey you and Baji-san broke Shinichiro-kun's nose." Chifuyu threatened.